The Best VPN For Disney Plus (August Update 2020)
Looking for a way to watch Disney Plus from anywhere abroad? In this guide, I will provide you a list of best VPN for Disney Plus so you can stream your favorite TV show or movie from anywhere. Also, the steps to unblock Disney+ with the help of a VPN. so let’s get started:
The Mouse House (Disney+) finally started its streaming service and now users can enjoy their favorite titles including The Mandalorian, Star Wars, Marvel Avengers, The Simpsons, and more.
But here is the catch! Disney Plus is only available for binge-watchers, who are residing in the USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Spain, France, Italy, Austria, Ireland, Switzerland, India, and Ireland.
So, if you are traveling abroad or residing outside these countries like in UK, Germany, Ireland, Singapore, Denmark, Malaysia, South Africa, Mexico, Brasil, Philippines, or anywhere, sadly, you can’t access the service because of content geo-restrictions and copyrights policies.
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your country.”
It’s heartbreaking for Disney+ fans but thanks to VPN! With the use of reputable VPN services now you can access this Mouse House service from anywhere around the world no matter where you are.
A VPN allows you to access Disney+ abroad as it can change your local servers with the one where the service is available. And It’s pretty simple to get Disney+ in your country with the use of a VPN.
How to watch Disney Plus Abroad with a VPN
If you are living in a country or planning to travel where Disney+ is not available, don’t worry, you can still access it with a VPN.
Here is how you can unblock Disney Plus with the use of a VPN in 6 easy steps:
- First, subscribe to one of the tested and working VPNs below (Surfshark is the best Disney+ VPN in 2020) .
- Now download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Open the VPN app and log-in with your username and password.
- Now connect to a server where Disney+ service is available (Disney Plus is currently available in USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Netherlands, Australia, and New Zealand).
- Once you are connected to a VPN, head to Disney Plus website or app, and sign-in to your account.
- Now select your favorite TV show or movie from the list and enjoy it without any hassle.
Note: Before connecting to VPN, make sure that Disney+ website or app are closed. Otherwise, there might be a chance that Disney Plus won’t work for you, even you are connecting to a VPN. Also the mentioned above steps are for those streamers who already have a Disney Plus account. If you don’t have a Disney+, don’t worry, I got you covered
6 Features That You Should Look for Before Choosing the Best VPN for Disney+
Unfortunately, not every VPN service has the ability to by-pass geo-restrictions and allows you to access Dinsey+ in unsupported countries. This is why, before choosing the best VPN for Disney+, you must look for the following features to avoid choosing a VPN that will fail to provide you access from abroad:
- It offers dedicated servers for streaming in the USA, Canada, Australia, Netherlands, and New Zealand that unblock Disney Plus consistently from anywhere around the world.
- Support all major devices, including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Roku, Smart TV, Apple TV, Firestick, PlayStation, and Xbox.
- Offers at least five simultaneous connections on a single account
- Offers reliable encryption protocol to protect your online activities
- Based in privacy-friendly jurisdiction and offers no-log policy
- Offers blazing fast and secure servers performance
Best VPN For Disney Plus in 2020
Based on the mentioned above criteria and testing, following is the list of best Disney Plus VPN in 2020:
Servers: 1000+ | Countries: 60+ | Simultaneous Connections: Unlimited | Dedicated Servers for Streaming: Yes | No Log Policy: Yes | Unblocks Disney+ Abroad: Yes | Privacy-Friendly Jurisdiction: Yes
Surfshark, the not so old VPN has become popular among streamers because of its powerful unblocking capabilities to watch Disney Plus from anywhere around the world in 2020.
This provider offers 1000+ dedicated servers for streaming in 60+ countries, including in all the countries where Disney+ available right now.
This means, with Surfshark, you can access Disney Plus in any country no matter where you are. Apart from astonishing unblocking features, it is the only provider in this “Best Disney+ VPN” list that offers unlimited simultaneous connections on a single account at the most affordable prices.
For security, this provider offers the highest grade encryption protocols (AES-256 military-grade), and it does not keep any log at all.
It supports all major platforms, including Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Firestick, Gaming Consoles, Smart TV, Roku, Apple TV, and even routers.
During my testing, 10/10 Surfshark’s USA servers, including Latham, Atlanta, Miami, and Chicago able to unblock Disney Plus in unsupported countries.
Other than that, in this pocket-friendly pricing, this provider also other noteworthy features like split-tunneling, ad-blocker, malware scanner, and obfuscation.
Servers: 3000+ | Countries: 90+ | Simultaneous Connections: Five | Dedicated Servers for Streaming: Yes | No Log Policy: Yes | Unblocks Disney+ Abroad: Yes | Privacy-Friendly Jurisdiction: Yes
If you are okay to pay a little bit extra for a VPN service, then ExpressVPN must be your top choice for streaming Disney+ from anywhere around the world.
This provider offers 3000+ fastest servers for streaming in 90+ countries, including in the USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the Netherlands.
Performance-wise, during my testing, there is not a single moment where I experience any speed and buffering issues.
ExpressVPN offers dedicated apps for Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, Gaming Consoles, Chrome browser extension as well as for routers.
This means, with ExpressVPN, you can stream Disney Plus on all your favorite devices without any hassle. During my DisneyPlus VPN testing, 10/10 ExpressVPN’s servers are flawlessly working with Disney Plus including New Jersey, Washington DC, New York, and Sydney.
Servers: 2000+ | Countries: 140+ | Simultaneous Connections: Five | Dedicated Servers for Streaming: Yes | No Log Policy: Yes | Unblocks Disney+ Abroad: Yes | Privacy-Friendly Jurisdiction: Yes
In a world where most of the VPN providers fail to unblock Disney+, PureVPN is one of the most reliable VPN that works with Disney Plus and Netflix.
It offers 2000+ servers in 140+ countries to stream Disney+ in unsupported countries. I find this provider best in unblocking the USA, Australia and Canada Disney Plus.
With PureVPN, you can watch Disney Plus on all your favorite devices, including Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, PlayStation, Xbox, Roku, Firestick, Smart TV and even routers.
During my testing, 9/10 PureVPN’s USA, Canada, and Australia servers, including Denver, Chicago, Atlanta, Vancouver, Sydney, and Perth able to unblock Disney+.
In terms of security, it offers top-class features including AES-256 military-grade encryption, kill-switch and ad-blockers that keeps your online activities secure from mass surveillance agencies and hackers.
Servers: 5500+ | Countries: 58 | Simultaneous Connections: Six | Dedicated Servers for Streaming: Yes | No Log Policy: Yes | Unblocks Disney+ Abroad: Yes | Privacy-Friendly Jurisdiction: Yes
When Mouse House streaming service launched, NordVPN was the only provider that unblocks Disney+ consistently.
It offers 5500+ servers in 58 countries to watch Disney Plus anywhere in the world without any buffering issues and poor video quality.
According to my testing, 8/10 NordVPN’s USA servers including Atlanta (#5011 & #3965), Miami (#3507 & #2825), Chicago (#2965 & #3185) and Dallas (#3755 & #4637) able to unblock Disney+.
In terms of features and unblocking capabilities, NordVPN ticks all the boxes, and this is why it is one of the best Disney Plus VPN in 2020.
But here is the catch! You can stream Disney+ with NordVPN only on Windows, iOS, Android, Smart TV, and macOS only as it does not support Firestick, Android Boxes, NVIDIA Shield and gaming consoles.
Servers: 150+ | Countries: 60 | Simultaneous Connections: Six | Dedicated Servers for Streaming: Yes | No Log Policy: Yes | Unblocks Disney+ Abroad: Yes | Privacy-Friendly Jurisdiction: Yes
Apart from providing a small number of servers, PrivateVPN is great in unblocking Disney+. And all these servers perform at a blazing fast speed to unblock almost every geo-restricted streaming service.
It offers 150+ dedicated servers for streaming in 60 countries that allow you to access Disney Plus as well as other popular streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon, BBC iPlayer and Hulu from anywhere.
It offers dedicated apps for all major devices, including Windows, macOS, Android, and IOS.
Best of all PrivateVPN app comes with pre-configured to stream Disney+ and other renowned streaming services.
According to my testing, in the PrivateVPN app, when I clicked on Disney Plus, it offers five servers (Netherlands-Ams & US-New York 1 & 4, Dublin, and Milan).
Servers: 5700+ | Countries: 90 | Simultaneous Connections: 7 | Dedicated Servers for Streaming: Yes | No Log Policy: Yes | Unblocks Disney+ Abroad: Yes | Privacy-Friendly Jurisdiction: Yes
Not so popular name in the VPN market yet, CyberGhost offers 5900 servers in 90 countries, which is most significant among all the providers mentioned here to watch your favorite version of Disney+ from anywhere.
This provider unblocks Disney+ at blazing fast speed and also allows you to watch all your favorite content in HD without any lag.
During my testing, I tested all of Cyber Ghost’s US servers that are optimized for Disney+, and all of them successfully able to unblock the Mouse House streaming service.
It supports all major devices, including iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, and other streaming devices. Apart from unblocking Disney Plus, its pre-installed security features help you to maintain your online privacy.
VPN Services That You Should Avoid to Unblock Disney Plus
During my testing, the following are the VPNs that fail to unblock Disney Plus:
- Hotspot Shield
- Avast Secureline VPN
- VPN Unlimited
- (PIA) Private Internet Access
- Norton Secure VPN
Can Free VPN Unblock Disney+ in Unsupported Countries?
No! not a single free VPN provider able to unblock Disney Plus. And I figured out why these free VPN services fail to provide users access to geo-blocked services.
First of all, most of them offer very limited amount of servers and data cap. This is why when you try to unblock Disney+ by connecting to their server, it won’t work for you. This happens because of traffic or the data limit is already finished.
And if any of them able to provide you access to Disney Plus in unsupported countries, there is a high chance that you will suffer from buffering issues.
Second, apart from providing a limited amount of servers and data cap, free VPNs do not offer optimized servers for streaming.
Third, the majority of these free VPN services do not use encryption protocols at all. It means that while using free VPN provider, your online activities are not secure and private at all.
Fourth, a VPN service requires a tremendous amount of money to run. And these free VPN services cover this cost and even earn hefty profits by selling your online data to third parties and advertising agencies.
Fifth, according to CSIRO research, most of the free VPNs contains malware, do not use encryption protocol at all, and sell users data to third parties.
This is why I always recommend using a trusted and reputable Disney Plus VPN.
How to Get Disney Plus Subscription Without Using a Foreign Payment Method?
By subscribing to one of the mentioned above Disney Plus VPNs, you can stream Disney+ in your country. But only if you already have its subscription.
And to get Disney+ subscription in your country, you will need a payment method that is linked to those countries where Disney Plus is officially available.
However, you can still get a subscription without using a foreign payment method. Here is how you can do that:
Payment Method 1: Get Disney Plus Subscription via iTunes Gift Card (Apple Devices)
All you need is iPhone, iPad or Apple TV and follow these steps to get Disney+ subscription:
- First, click on this link to create a new Apple ID. Make sure to use an email address that you didn’t use with your existing Apple ID. And select your “USA” as your country and select none in the payment option.
- Now open the “Settings” option on your iPhone/iPad/Apple TV -> look for “iTunes & App Store” and open it -> Sign-out your current account and log-in with your new Apple ID.
- Once you are logged in with your new Apple ID, now its time to buy the American iTunes Gift card from Amazon. To do so open this link on your Apple device to buy iTunes Gift Card. Note: The lowest-value card available is $25, so you might want to consider paying for a year of Disney+ access upfront (which costs $69.99).
- Once you get the redeemed code in your email box, click on this link to redeemed the iTunes Gift Card.
- Now download and install the Disney Plus app on your Apple device.
- Sign-up and download one of the mentioned above best Disney+ VPNs (I Highly Recommend Surfshark) -> Open VPN app and log-in with your username and password and connect to the recommended USA server from the list.
- Now open Disney+ app and sign-up for its subscription via using a new Apple ID. And as you already redeemed an iTunes Gift Card on your Apple ID, you can use that to pay for Disney+ after the trial period ends.
- Now sign-in to Disney Plus account and watch your favorite TV show or movie from abroad in unsupported countries.
Payment Method 2: Get Disney Plus Subscription via Google Play Gift Card (Android Devices)
- Sign-up and download a VPN (I Highly Recommend Surfshark).
- Now connect to the American server from one of the recommended servers above.
- Head to Google Play Store on your Android device and create a new account (but don’t sign-in now).
- Now purchase a Google Play Gift card through a reputable site like Amazon. Note: the Google Play Gift card has to be loaded in American Dollars).
- You will receive a gift code via email. You can then either click the link in the email (if you’re on your phone) or key the code into the Google Play Store manually to redeem it. Note that while you’ll have to enter a valid US ZIP code, Google doesn’t actually verify whether you live there.
- Now head to your Android device “Settings” menu and tap on the “Account” option.
- Now select the “Add Account” option and add the new Google Account that you created earlier.
- Head to Google Play Store and log-in with your new account.
- Download and install Disney+ app on your Android device.
- Open the “Sign-up” option in Disney Plus App and select the payment option with your “Google Account” option.
- Now close the Disney+ app and reopen it -> Sign-in to your account and watch your favorite shows and movies from anywhere around the world.
How Much Does Disney Plus Cost?
Disney+ offers three subscription plans for its subscribers along with a 7-day free trial:
- Monthly Plan: Disney Plus monthly plan costs $6.99, which gives you complete access to its library without ads.
- Yearly Plan: Disney Plus annual plan costs $69.99 ($5.83/month) that includes complete access to its library without adds
- Bundle Plan with Hulu & ESPN+: Disney Plus bundle package costs $12.99/month, which provides access to complete Disney+ library plus Hulu and ESPN+. However, the Hulu and ESPN+ versions that include in this package are not ads free.
What Does Disney+ Include?
You can download and watch all the Disney’s content, including both for family and adult content. Apart from Disney’s original content, you can also enjoy content from different famous production houses including Marvel, Pixar, National Geographic, Lucasfilm (Star Wars), and all 30 seasons of “The Simpsons.”
What Can I Watch on Disney Plus?
There is a huge list of shows and movies that you can watch on Disney Plus. However, if you don’t know where to start, you can choose from the following top trending shows and movies to watch on Disney+:
- The Mandalorian
- The Simpsons
- Star Wars
- Lady and the Tramp
- Captain Marvel
- Iron Man
Is NordVPN Disney Plus Working?
Yes, NordVPN is working with Disney Plus to watch from anywhere around the world. As of now, NordVPN’s Atlanta and Miami servers are working with Disney+.
Does Disney Plus Work With VPN?
Yes, as of now, ExpressVPN, NordVPN, Surfshark, PureVPN, PrivateVPN, and CyberGhost are working VPNs to watch in unsupported countries or anywhere globally.
Is ExpressVPN Disney Plus Working?
Yes, ExpressVPN is working with Disney Plus to watch in unsupported countries or anywhere globally. As of now, ExpressVPN’s New York, New Jersey, and Washington DC servers are now working with a VPN.
Can I Watch Disney Plus Outside US?
Yes, You can watch Disney Plus outside of the USA from anywhere with the help of a VPN. As of now, Surfshark, PureVPN, ExpressVPN, and NordVPN are the best VPNs for Disney Plus to watch anywhere.
Is There Disney Plus Desktop App Available?
No, Disney Plus does not offer any official desktop app. However, you can still watch Disney+ on Desktop via internet browsers.
Can I Watch Disney Plus on My Windows 10 Device?
Yes, you can watch Disney+ on your Windows 10 device through its official “www.disneyplus.com” website.
Is Disney Plus App Available on Android Devices?
Yes, Disney Plus offers apps for Android devices including, smartphones, smart TVs, and tablets.