With the popularity of the streaming platform, subscribers have started experiencing various Errors and often wonder how to troubleshoot Disney Plus not working? As for Disney+ Error Code 41, the following message appears:
This blog will get you through the causes and possible fixes of Disney Plus Error Code 41.
What is Disney Plus Error Code 41?
Disney Plus Error Code 41 is primarily a rights management code issue which means the link to the video or movie you are trying to stream either does not exist or has been moved. It could also appear in cases where the digital rights or licensing agreements have been changed. For instance, if you try to stream Disney Plus Thailand content on Disney Plus Canada, you may encounter Error Code 41.
Now that you know what is Error Code 41 let us find out the causes of this error and how to fix it.
If you assume that Error Code 41 can be caused by a Disney Plus VPN, then no, that is not the case at all. In fact, a premium VPN usually works well with Disney Plus.
Coming back to the topic, let’s have a look at the causes in detail, followed by their quick fixes:
1. Cache Issues of your Streaming Device & How to Fix it?
Corrupted cache issues can cause streaming problems on frequently visited platforms, including Disney Plus. When the cache is corrupted, it can cause the content to load slowly or not at all. The storage of a corrupted cache can cause Disney Plus Error Code 41.
How to Fix Cache Issues
The quickest ways to fix Cache issues are as follows:
- Exit the Disney+ app.
- Delete the Disney plus app.
- Turn off your streaming device for a few minutes.
- Restart your streaming device.
- Re-install your Disney Plus app to check if the streaming resumes.
2. Issues with Disney+ Servers & How to Fix it?
If the Disney Plus servers are down, you won’t be able to watch Disney Plus on Smart TV or other devices. In short, your streaming device and its connection with the Disney+ service will not be established. The following are some of the possible reasons why the Disney+ server may be down:
- Sometimes the servers may be down for maintenance. The downtime for maintenance is usually announced at the official Help Center.
- Another cause of the Disney+ server outage may be high traffic during peak hours.
- The release of a highly anticipated new edition can cause servers to become clogged. When Wanda Vision’s new episode was made available, streamers immediately encountered disruption issues.
How to Fix the Disney Plus Server Issue?
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to resolve the Disney+ server outage problem. All you can do now is wait for the servers to restart and come back up.
You can stay on top of places like Downdetector and watch for when an outage has been reported.
isitdownrightnow is also useful for reporting server downtime and comparing the status of both websites, which indicates that it’s time to wait if they’re reporting the same outage. If both sites report different times, we recommend you try one of the solutions below:
3. Internet Connectivity Issues & How to Fix it?
Various reasons might be causing service disruptions due to your internet connection issues. Some of the causes include:
- You’re experiencing connection speed issues or a lack of bandwidth.
- Wi-Fi router issues may be causing Error Code 41.
- Internet Service Providers may be experiencing network issues
How to Fix Connection Speed Issue
Here are some things you can do to improve your connection speed:
- The first step is to check your internet speed with a speed test. For buffer-free HD streaming, the download speed should generally be above 5Mbps.
- If you’re below 5Mbps, count how many devices are linked to your Wi-Fi network. Someone may be watching Disney Plus on Roku in another area while you’re streaming it on Firestick. Reduce the number of connected devices and rerun the test to see if it improves.
- If you want to watch a 4K video, consider lowering the playback quality.
- If you’re using a VPN, it’s possible that your connection is being slowed down. That’s why we suggest using a premium VPN that won’t affect your browsing speed but will also allow you to stream without buffering.
The final option is to upgrade your internet plan to higher bandwidth.
How to Fix Router Issues
You can try the following steps to fix Wi-Fi router issues:
- Install any firmware updates of your Wi-Fi router that are pending.
- Troubleshoot the DNS server settings of your Wi-Fi device.
- If the above doesn’t solve the problem, power off your Wi-Fi device.
- The next step is to unplug the power cable and wait for a minimum of 20 seconds to allow the power capacitors to clear.
- Plug back in the power cable of your Wi-Fi device and switch it on.
- Allow a few seconds for the internet to resume and start streaming.
If nothing works, then you may try resetting your router. The reset button is usually located at the rear end of the router. However, it is imperative to note that resetting your Wi-Fi device will delete your custom settings saved in the past.
How to Fix ISP or Network Issues
You can’t do much about the network problem since it’s out of your Internet service provider’s hands. You may only call your ISP’s helpline and inquire about the network restoration time and wait for it to resume services.
On the brighter side, it is reasonable to assume that your streaming device and Wi-Fi router are in good working order.
Other Common Ways to Fix Disney+ Error Code 41
There are several other ways to fix Disney Plus Error Code 41, some of which are mentioned as under:
- In case of using a web browser for streaming Disney Plus, try clearing your browser’s cache.
- Besides web browsers, turning off some of your browser extensions may help too because a higher number of extensions currently open can cause problems.
- We also recommend playing a different video or content to see if it works. There are times when a few temporary glitches occur but are resolved shortly.
- Try streaming the same content on another compatible device. If you are streaming through Smart TV, try streaming on your smartphone to check if it works.
Other Disney Plus Error Codes
There are various other error codes besides Error Code 41 that you may come across. Here are a few common ones:
- Disney+ Error Code 83 – Device compatibility issue
- Disney+ Error Code 73 – Location mismatch or content availability
- Disney+ Error Code 42 – Problems with internet or Wi-Fi connection
- Disney+ Error Code 39 – Streaming through Xbox one issue
- Disney+ Error Code 24 – Login or internet connectivity issue
How do I fix Error Code 41?
- Exit from the Disney+ app and restart it.
- Switch off your streaming device for a few seconds and switch it back on.
- Turn off your Wi-Fi router for some time and turn it on.
- Clear cache of the streaming device and web browsers
- Install firmware updates of the streaming device or Disney+ app
What is Disney Plus Error Code 41 on Firestick?
How do I fix Disney Plus Error Code 41 on Firestick?
For anyone who has come across Error Code 41, our detailed blog on how to fix Disney Plus Error Code 41 is sure to get the issue resolved on any device. This Error Code can occur anywhere, regardless of your geographical location. Whether you are accessing Disney Plus Indonesia or Germany, it can happen to anyone anywhere.
We are looking forward to your comments to let us know if our solutions worked for you!