Disney Plus Error Code 42 is one of the most common Error Code that can spoil your streaming experience. Whether you are using a Disney Plus VPN for streaming or accessing it from a country where the service is available, Error Code 42 can appear either way.
When there is a connectivity issue with your iOS or Android streaming device, the following message will appear:
Although there are various other Error Codes such as Disney Plus Error code 83, Disney+ Error code 73, Error code 24, and Error code 39, you may notice that Disney Plus is not working, but in this blog, we will have a look at the most effective quick fixes of Disney Plus Error Code 42.
What is Disney Plus Error Code 42?
Disney Plus Error Code 42 is caused due to issues with connecting to the Disney+ service. It can sometimes also appear in the form of an Audio glitch where you can only hear the playback sound but witness a black screen, while in other cases, you will not be able to hear or see anything at all.
1. Issues with Disney+ Servers & its Fixes
When Disney Plus servers are down, you will not stream Disney Plus on Smart TV. Smart TVs and the connection with the Disney+ service will not be established on any other streaming device such as Roku, Chromecast, or even gaming consoles. Here is the possible list of reasons why Disney+ servers may be down:
- Sometimes the servers may be down for maintenance purposes. Usually, the information for the downtime for maintenance will be stated at the Help Center.
- Another reason why Disney+ servers may be down is because of high traffic volume during peak hours.
- Servers can get overloaded during the release of a much-awaited new release. When Wanda Vision’s new episode was released, streamers experienced outage issues as soon as the new episode became available.
How to Fix the Disney Plus Server Issue?
Unfortunately, there is nothing that you can do to fix the Disney+ server outage issue. All you can possibly do is sit back, relax and wait for the servers to be back up and running.
What you can do is keep an eye on websites like Downdetector and monitor the times when an outage has been reported as seen in the picture below:
Similarly, you can also refer to Isitdownrightnow for the server downtime, and if both the websites report the same outage, you know that it is time to wait. If both the websites report different times, then we suggest you move to other fixes mentioned below:
2. Problems with Internet Connection & its Fixes
There are several reasons associated with your internet connection issues that may be causing problems with connecting service. Some of the reasons are:
2.1 Problems with your internet connection speed or insufficient bandwidth
2.2 The issue with your Wi-Fi router
2.3 Connection issues of your Wi-Fi router with your streaming device
2.4 Internet Service Providers may be experiencing network issues
2.1 How to Fix Speed Issue
Here are ways you can try to fix your connection speed issue:
- The first step is to check your internet speed by running a speed test. Usually, the download speed must be above 5Mbps for buffer-free streaming.
- If your speed is below 5Mbps, check how many devices are connected to your Wi-Fi. You may be streaming Disney Plus on Roku, while someone may be streaming Disney Plus on Firestick in another room. Try reducing the number of devices connected and re-run a speed test.
- If you attempt to stream a video in 4K resolution, try reducing the playback quality.
- If you are using a VPN, it may be slowing down your connection. You can either disconnect your VPN or use a premium VPN that will not only impact your browsing speed but also provide buffer-free streaming.
- The last resort is to upgrade your internet plan to higher bandwidth.
2.2 How to Fix Wi-Fi Router Issue
Follow the steps below to fix your Wi-Fi router issues:
- Check for the firmware update of your router, and install if any are available.
- Check the DNS server settings on your Wi-Fi router.
- If the problem persists, switch off your Wi-Fi router by pressing the power button.
- Unplug your Wi-Fi router cable and wait for at least 20 seconds to provide clearance time for the power capacitors.
- Plug the Wi-Fi router back in and restore the power.
- Wait for the Internet to resume and try streaming Disney Plus.
If your streaming is not restored, you may be required to reset your Wi-Fi router. Usually, both the power and reset buttons are located at the rear end of your router. It is important to understand that resetting your Wi-Fi router will clear any custom settings that you may have saved.
2.3 How to Fix Connection Issues of your Wi-Fi Router with Streaming Device
Cross-check the following ways to fix the connection issue of your Wi-Fi router with your streaming device:
- If your Wi-Fi router is at a distance to your streaming device, let’s say in another room, try bringing it closer to your iOS or Android streaming device.
- Another method is connecting an Ethernet cable from your Wi-Fi router to your streaming device.
2.4 How to Fix ISP Issue
Just like the Disney+ server issue, you can’t do much about the network issue by your Internet Service Provider. You can only find out the details of the network restoration by calling the helpline of your respective service provider.
However, it is safe to say that your streaming device and your Wi-Fi router are working just fine on the brighter side.
Other Common Ways to Fix Disney+ Error Code 42
Besides the methods mentioned above, try these alternative ways to fix Disney Plus Error Code 42:
- If you were streaming Disney Plus through a web browser like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera, try clearing the cache of your web browser.
- Talking about web browsers, if you have many browser extensions installed, turning them off might help with resuming your stream.
- Check for any malware on your device, as it usually eats up a lot of your bandwidth.
- We also recommend you try streaming the same video on another device to see if it works.
- Another quick fix is to restart your streaming device to see if Disney+ streaming resumes. This method will also help with the Audio glitch, followed by a black screen where the audio is played back.
- Similarly, you can try to log out of Disney Plus, wait for some time, and log back in.
- If that doesn’t work, you can also try to uninstall the Disney+ app and re-install it.
Why is Error Code 42 on Firestick?
How do I fix Error Code 42 on Roku TV?
- Sign out of the Disney+ app and sign back in.
- Check for any Disney Plus app updates and install them.
- Un-install the Disney+ app and install it again.
- Restart your streaming device.
- Check for firmware updates on your streaming device and install it.
- Switch the Wi-Fi router off for 20 seconds and restart it.
- Change the DNS settings of your router.
- Check your internet connection speed and close any devices consuming bandwidth.
- Clear your web browser cache.
Disney Plus Error Code 42 is probably one of the most common Error Codes. Whether you are attempting to watch Disney Plus in Indonesia or Canada, it can happen anywhere. We have mentioned the most effective quick fixes to help you resolve this error as quickly as possible. Do let us know which method worked out best for you!