How embarrassing it would be to host a big family movie night where everyone has come together to watch “Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings,” and there comes a voice from the back “Why is Disney Plus not working?!” But, you will be happy to know that this blog is here to help you start your movie night with some evergreen Disney Classics.
Apps getting crashed or corrupted is a common occurrence in major streaming sites, and Disney+ is no stranger to these happenings like all the other major sites like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar, etc.
At times something as small as an internet connectivity issue can be the cause of the error. However, if a specific Disney Plus error code is listed, it makes things easier for you to find out, fix and revive your favorite movies and TV shows.
If you have also encountered such issues, continue reading below and solve your Disney Plus errors and streaming problems.
Why is my Disney Plus not Working?
Usually, the problems encountered by Disney Plus result from a few basic glitches linked to internet connectivity or its speed. Additionally, cache issues of the app, the web browser (Chrome, Firefox), or the problems with Disney Plus servers can result in your Disney Plus not working.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Codes
We have listed the possible Disney+ Error Codes that have been reported (so far) along with their quick fixes.
System bugs and streaming errors aren’t a new phenomenon. However, subscribers in the US generally tend to face streaming errors instead of subscribers in other countries.
The quick fixes suggested in this article will facilitate consistent streaming in any country where Disney+ is available. So whether you want to stream Disney+ in Germany, Ejen Ali The movie on Disney Plus Hotstar Malaysia, Greys Anatomy TV show on Disney Plus Australia, you won’t have any issue.
Additionally, these solutions will also resolve streaming problems in unsupported countries.
So, for example, you can enjoy buffer-free streaming of your favorite TV shows or movies of Disney+ in the Philippines by subscribing to ExpressVPN. Try it now with its 30-day money-back guarantee – we are sure you are going to get addicted.
What is Disney+ Error Code 83?
Compatibility issue with the device culminates in Disney+ error 83. People often wonder that if their device is not compatible, how were they able to download it in the first place? The compatibility issue is one of the significant issues faced by the subscribers.
Error code 83 is a result of attempting to stream Disney+ either with a data package or hotspot. Several other factors cause this error, but let us concentrate on solving the error for now.
How to Fix Disney+ Error Code 83?
Here are quick tips that may help resolve this issue:
- Restart your streaming device.
- Check your device’s compatibility with Disney+.
- Go to your device’s settings and check for any updates.
- If you are using the Disney Plus app, try to delete and re-install it.
- Use the same credentials and try to log in on another compatible device.
- If nothing works, refer to the Disney Plus support.
What is Disney+ Error Code 73?
Location and content availability issues lead to Disney Plus error code 73. This error arises when a subscriber from one country is trying to stream content of another country.
For instance, local content of Disney+ Hotstar Thailand may not be available for Disney Plus Canada. If a Canadian subscriber coincidentally lands on the title of local Indian content (that has not been released in Canada), then error 73 will appear.
How to Fix Disney+ Error Code 83?
You may try to go through these simple steps to get rid of location and content availability issues:
- Do some research and see if the title of the content is available in your country (you can do that by searching it on Disney Plus.)
- Restart your WiFi router.
- If you are using mobile, reset your mobile network connection.
- Check your IP address with an IP address lookup tool to find out where exactly you are browsing from. If it appears that your browsing location is different from your current location, quite possible a VPN is switched on – close it right now!
- If the change of location is not due to VPN, reset your location settings.
What is Disney+ Error Code 43?
Login or Internet connectivity issue produces error code 43. In simple words, it may occur when you have a terrible internet connection or the particular content has been taken off from Disney Plus.
How to Fix Disney+ Error Code 43?
Try these three simple steps to fix error code 43:
- Reset your network connection settings.
- Restart your streaming device.
- Log off and log back into Disney Plus.
- Check the downtime schedule for Disney+.
What is Disney+ Error Code 42?
Issues connecting with your service cause Disney Plus error code 42. The message states, “Please check to see that you are still connected to the Internet and try again.” This error code is related to the user’s internet connection, and any inconsistency in internet connectivity may disrupt the stream quality.
How to Fix Disney+ Error Code 42?
The following steps will help alleviate this error:
- Check your internet speed by running an internet speed test (5 Mbps and the above rate is good to go!)
- Re-login to Disney Plus.
- Reset your WiFi modem by plugging it off for a few minutes.
- Check for any updates for either your device or your WiFi router.
- Check the DNS from your Wi Fi router settings, and change them to either Cloudflare, Google, or OpenDNS.
- Another thing that you can do is to clear the browser cache of your web browser.
- Lastly, disconnect any other devices from your WiFi that are consuming a lot of bandwidth.
What is Disney+ Error Code 39?
Streaming through the Xbox One issue produces error code 39. This Error Code is solely for Xbox one users.
How to Fix Disney+ Error Code 39?
Error code 39 has the most straightforward solution:
- Ensure that there isn’t any simultaneous streaming on any other device. If there is, it’s best to close Disney Plus on that device.
- Another quick fix is to change the HDMI port of the TV/monitor which is connected to your Xbox.
If you prefer streaming on your Xbox, why don’t you refer to our blog on watching Disney Plus on Xbox?
What is Disney+ Error Code 24?
Login or Connection issues tend to cause error code 4. It is, in fact, very similar to error code 43. It can either be due to a slow internet connection, a problem with HDMI cable, a problem with the streaming device, or the Disney+ app itself.
By following these steps you can enjoy Disney Plus on Chromecast and other streaming devices.
How to Fix Disney+ Error Code 24?
Here are the solutions to resolve it:
- First and foremost, try to refresh and reload the video.
- Restart the device you are streaming on, whether a smart TV, Windows, Android, or iOS device.
- Delete the Disney Plus app and re-install it.
- There may be a Disney Plus server issue; check for the downtime of Disney Plus servers.
- Try to log in to Disney+ from a different device.
- If nothing seems to help, you better check your billing details.
Disney Plus Not Working [Device Issues in 2021]
While we have mentioned the most common ones, other error codes may show up, such as:
- Disney+ error code 4 & 9
- Disney+ error code 11 & 13
- Disney+ error code 22 & 25
- Disney+ error code 30, 31, 32, 35, 36 & 38
- Disney+ error code 41 &76
- Disney+ error code 86 & 87
Besides these error codes, there have been reports of other Disney Plus Errors that we are going to look into now:
Disney Plus Not Working on My Laptop
The prime reason for Disney Plus not working on your laptop or desktop could be due to various factors. However, it can help quite possibly due to software issues, device issues, or issues of Disney Plus servers.
Check Disney Plus server status, reduce the quality of the streaming video, test your internet speed and reset your WiFi router, clear cache or any malware off, check for system updates, try updating or re-installing Disney Plus.
Disney Plus Not Working on My Roku
Just like other devices, Disney Plus does not work on Roku for several reasons. You can start by checking your Roku’s version compatibility with Disney Plus.
If it is compatible, try to check the Roku server and Disney’s servers downtime. This can be followed by resetting your internet connection, re-logging into your Disney Plus account, clearing Roku’s cache, restarting, or updating Roku or Disney+.
Though we are sure that after following our quick fixes, you will be able to stream Disney Plus on Roku, it’s best to report it to Disney Plus if the problem persists.
Disney Plus Not Working on iPhone
The streaming problem on iPhone can be fixed by restarting your iPhone, checking your internet connection, refreshing the Disney+ app, updating the Disney Plus app on your phone, reinstalling the app, or updating your iPhone may hopefully sort this one out.
Disney Plus Not Working on Xbox one
Many people love their Xbox to the extent that they prefer watching Disney Plus on Xbox if your Disney+ stops working on your Xbox one, it will put you off.
This issue was discussed earlier in this article; please refer to the “How to fix Disney+ Error code 39” section.
Disney Plus Not Working on Firestick
Often background apps and other similar factors contribute to Disney Plus not working on Firestick. Hence, it can get frustrating for users who enjoy streaming Disney plus on Firestick.
Therefore, the primary step is to restart your Firestick, followed by clearing the cache of Disney+. You can do that by navigating to Firestick “Settings,” go to “Applications,” scroll to “Manage Installed Applications,” scroll to “Disney Plus,” and finally click on “Clear Cache and Clear Data.”
If the problem continues, try to re-install Disney Plus.
Disney Plus Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
It is relatively simple to fix this issue by following the list below:
- Restart the Disney Plus app on Samsung TV.
- Switch off the Samsung TV for at least a few minutes and switch it back on.
- Clear Disney+ cache and all the temporary data.
- Check for Disney Plus app updates and install if there are any.
- Uninstall the Disney+ app and re-installing it back.
- Check for your Samsung TV’s update and if available, install them.
- Perform a factory reset of your Samsung TV by scroll to “Smart Hub” from the Menu.
- All of these fixes can be applied to any Smart TV and help you continue watching your favorite shows and movies of Disney Plus on Smart TV.
Disney Plus Not Working on PS4
Have a look at the fixes below and tell us how they worked out for you and if you can stream Disney Plus on PS4:
- First and foremost, check the Disney+ server status to see if it’s online or down.
- Try to stream another content from the media library to determine if particular content unavailability is causing the issue.
- Sometimes, reducing the stream quality helps.
- Sign out and sign back into your Disney Plus account.
- Run a speed test of your internet and might as well restart your WiFi router.
- Why not try to continue PS4 and see if that works.
- Check for updates for both Disney Plus and PS4. If there are available updates, install them.
- Uninstall the Disney Plus app and re-install it.
- Change your DNS settings from your “Set Up Internet Connection” from the “Network” menu. Scroll to “Custom” and click “Personal WiFi.” Change the Primary DNS to 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 and Secondary DNS. Make “other configurations” to Automatic and click “Save.” This should sort it out.
- In the end, contact Disney Plus support to report your issue.
Why is my Disney Plus is Not Working?
How do I clear the cache of my Disney Plus?
- Navigate to Settings.
- Go to Apps.
- Select “Disney+” and then “Storage.”
- Press “Clear cache.”
How do I fix the black screen Disney Plus?
Why am I not able to screen mirror Disney Plus?
Summarizing Why is Disney Plus Not Working
“Why is Disney Plus not working” is a question frequently asked. The answer to this is that Disney Plus is relatively new and continues to counter minor problems as they board thousands of new subscribers daily. Disney+ is geo-restricted in almost half the countries worldwide, majorly because it has yet to launch there.
Sadly, no troubleshooting or error codes will fix this, except a trusted VPN (We recommend ExpressVPN.)
We have tried to cover some specific issues and suggested possible solutions to fix them. However, if we have missed out on any, do let us know in the comments below!