With the exceptional streaming service that Disney+ provides when we are binge-watching, there are times you are completely blocked from accessing it, and Disney Plus stops working with an error message appearing on your screen.
That could be caused by Error Code 83; let us find out what causes Disney Plus Error Code 83 or quickly get to the common fixes!
What Causes Disney Plus Error Code 83?
If you go through Help Center of Disney Plus app or the website, it states that it could be a device compatibility issue, internet connection error, or account issue. So though Error Code 83 may not appear solely for one reason, at least let us have a look at the possible causes:
- Device Compatibility problems
- Internet Connectivity issues
- Hotspot Connectivity setbacks
- Disney Plus Servers faults
- Browser Compatibility issues
Further in this post, we have elaborated on the reasons behind this streaming service error and the quick fixes of the issues.
1. Device Compatibility Issue & How to Fix it?
The foremost thing is to check before anything else, i.e., the compatibility of your device with Disney Plus. If you use an incompatible device to sign in to Disney Plus Error Code 83 will appear – in case you are wondering what is this unknown error streaming to my device!
Though Disney Plus streaming service is compatible with most devices, you never know if you have the compatible Operating Software Version on your device or not. So let’s quickly have a look at the usual devices used for streaming Disney Plus:
- Roku ( learn more: how to watch Disney Plus on Roku)
- Xbox ( learn more: how to watch Disney Plus on Xbox)
- PS4 ( learn more: how to watch Disney Plus on Ps4)
- Chromecast ( learn more: how to watch Disney Plus on Chromecast)
- Smart TVs (Samsung, Sony,Vizio, TCL & LG smart tv)
- Amazon Fire TV & Fire TV stick
- iPhones, Apple TVs & iPads
What happens is that Disney Plus performs a compatibility check commonly known as DRM Check. If your device fails this check, then you will see Error Code 83. Disney Plus performs this check before streaming any content, so check your device compatibility!
Quick Fixes of Device Compatibility Issue
The quick fixes to your device compatibility issues for your Smart TV, Apple TV, mobile device, gaming console, and other smart home devices can be fixed by following the steps below:
- Update your device firmware.
- Restart your device.
- If restarting your device does not help, then delete and re-install Disney+ App.
2. Internet Connectivity Issue & How to Fix it?
Your Internet connection can be causing Disney Plus Error Code 83, possibly because of instability. For example, the signals may be dropping, which results in the interruption of the stream.
Not enough bandwidth on your internet connection can impact it, especially during high peak times when the traffic on the internet in your region is high; the distribution of bandwidth on your server can influence your stream. Therefore, you should check internet connection speed to determine the speed you are getting is apt for streaming Disney Plus.
Quick Fixes of Internet Connectivity Issue
Once you verify that your browsing speed is optimum, all you need to do is try the following:
- Bring your Wi-Fi router close to your streaming device.
- Another alternate is to plug in an Ethernet cable from your router to your streaming device.
- The next thing you can do is to restart your device.
- And lastly, restart your Disney Plus app.
For those who reside in a geo-restricted region and are using a VPN app, we suggest you restart your VPN app too.
3. Hotspot Connectivity Issue & How to Fix it?
If you are amongst those who will see their favorite TV show or movie as soon as it is live on Disney Plus and end up using either a hotspot or a data package streaming, you’re in for a rough ride due to the internet speed. Streaming Disney Plus on a hotspot or a data package will result in your stream buffering; the video quality may deteriorate in intervals causing Error Code 83.
Additionally, check internet speed too, and you will get an answer!
Quick Fixes of Hotspot Connectivity Issue:
Following are the steps that can help you resolve hotspot connectivity issues:
- Try to be close to the hotspot. Recommended proximity is within 15 feet.
- Make sure all the features related to power saving or data mode saver are switched off.
- Connect a different device to the hotspot to determine if it’s your device issue or hotspot issue.
- Open another app to verify if other apps are working fine.
- Clear Cache or any cookies.
- Disconnect from the hotspot and re-connect.
4. Disney Plus Servers Issue & How to Fix it?
If your internet connection may not appear to be the issue, there is a chance that Disney Plus servers may be experiencing some technical problems. These technical problems can result from the server being in maintenance mode, or the traffic in the Disney Plus server may be high for it to respond quicker. It can also be a temporary glitch that can cause Disney Plus Error Code 83.
You can check Disney Plus server is on a timeout or not on Downdetector. Moreover, it gives you the option to see the server status in numerous countries, as shown in the image above. In this way, you will find out if the Disney Plus server is down or not.
Quick Fix of Disney Plus Server Issue
The only thing you could do with such an issue is report it to the Help Center and wait for the servers to be back up and running.
5. Browser Compatibility Issue & How to Fix it?
Besides devices, a compatibility issue may arise on your web browsers too. For example, if you try to access Disney Plus on a web browser that is not compatible, Disney Plus Error Code 83 will appear.
Just like devices, a lot of people use different web browsers to stream content. Some of the browsers that subscribers use are:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- UR Browser
- Internet Explorer
For instance, Chrome, version 75 and higher, is usually fine for streaming. But, if you have a version lower than 75, then it will cause Error Code 83.
Clear Cache to Fix Browser Compatibility Issue
When you visit websites, your browser keeps parts of the page in its cache memory. Although, whether it is Internet Explorer, or Chrome, this information aids in boosting website performance and load speed, it can sometimes cause difficulties.
Hence, if Disney Plus does not appear to work only at your end, it is about time you clear its site data.
Clear Disney Plus Site Data in Chrome
- Launch your Chrome browser.
- Click on the three dots located on the top right side.
- Navigate to settings and click on “Privacy and security.”
- Select “Cookies and other site data.”
- Now, scroll down and select “All cookies and site data.”
- In the search tab, type in Disney Plus.
- All the Disney Plus cookies will appear; click “Remove all shown.”
- And finally, select “Clear all” to proceed.
Clear Disney Plus Site Data in Microsoft Edge
- In the address bar, type: pastebin.com/edge and hit Enter.
- Select “Manage and delete cookies and site data” from the drop-down menu in the “Cookies and site permissions” box.
- Locate all cookies and site data on the site.
- Select the Disney Plus app from the search bar and click the “Remove all shown” button.
- To continue, tap Clear.
Clear Disney Plus Site Data in Safari
Open Safari, close any Disney Plus tab and follow the instructions below:
- On the menu bar, select Preferences from Safari.
- Go to the Privacy tab, then Manage Website Data, and select Delete Cookies.
- To permanently delete a profile, click the search bar and type Disney, followed by your username. Then, click
- Remove All and Done to confirm the deletion.
- You should now be able to view content on Disney Plus again.
Other Common Fixes of Disney Plus Error Code 83
Now that we have found out the possible causes of Disney Plus Error Code 83 along with their fixes, let us now have a look at other common solutions:
Update Disney Plus App to fix Disney Plus Error Code 83
There are times when Error Code 83 may pop up because of the Disney Plus App not being updated. Therefore, the device you use must have an updated Disney+ App.
Every Smart Phone has its own dedicated App Store where the updates may appear. For instance, if you are using iOS, check your App Store. Similarly, for Android devices, you can check Play Store.
For Smart TVs, the process is much the same. So, for instance, if you have an LG Smart TV, you can go to the LG Content Store, but for other Smart TVs, you may have to go and select Disney+ App specifically.
Find out more: How to watch Disney+ on Smart TV
Restart Your Device to fix Disney Plus Error Code 83
You may laugh at “device restart” as the fixed number one, but it is, in fact, the easiest and the quickest fix of Error Code 83 in some cases, at least.
All you need to do is simply restart your device, whether your TV, smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop. Close all your apps, including your VPN, and do a device restart.
Delete And Re-install Disney+ App to fix Disney Plus Error Code 83
In cases where updating the Disney+ App does not work, you can try this fix. First, try to delete the app and re-install it.
It is vital to delete the app’s shortcut or only remove it from the display screen. You need to delete the app properly to re-install it in the right way.
Deleting the Disney+ App is a different process on every device, be it Smart TV or Smart Phone. For example, deleting the app on an iPhone differs from deleting the app on a Samsung smartphone. Make sure the uninstallation is done correctly, and then re-installing it won’t have a hassle.
Update Device Firmware to fix Disney Plus Error Code 83
If you’re wondering that how am I getting Error Code 83 again when I just updated my Disney+ App? The answer is your device’s firmware may need an update too!
It means that you have downloaded the Disney+ App on a device that has an older operating system. Unfortunately, the older operating system of your device can be incompatible with Disney Plus.
All you need to do is check for a software update for your device. Like we mentioned above, the option of updating your firmware will be located under a different panel on different devices. Once you find an available update waiting to be installed, we suggest you do it quickly, and Error Code 83 won’t pop up.
Fixing Disney Plus Error Code 83 on Devices
There are lots of devices in the market that are used to stream content on Disney Plus. In case you face Error Code 83 on your device, its worth having a look at the fixes below:
How do I fix Disney+ Error Code 83 on my Firestick?
You can try the following fixes for your Firestick or Fire TV:
- Check device compatibility with Disney Plus.
- Make sure your internet connection is stable and provides optimum speed.
- If you are using a browser for streaming on your device, clear the cache.
- Check for Disney+ app updates and install them.
- Check the OS of your device and install any available updates.
- Restart your device.
How do I fix Disney+ Error Code 83 on my Chromecast Device?
The following steps will help you resolve Error Code 83 on your Chromecast device:
- Firstly, make sure your Chromecast device is compatible with Disney Plus app.
- Secondly, the outdated OS of your Chromecast device may cause Error Code 83. Make sure you have the latest OS.
- Delete any cookies or App cache.
- Do a browsing speed test to make sure you have enough bandwidth.
- Restart both your Chromecast device and the Disney+ app.
How do I fix Disney+ Error Code 83 on my Laptop?
The quick ways to fix Error 83 on your Laptop are:
- Check your browser compatibility. Make sure you have the latest version installed.
- Clear browser cache and cookies.
- Close your browser and re-launch it.
- Check if the Disney+ servers are down.
- Most importantly, verify your internet connectivity has no issues.
How do I fix Disney+ Error Code 83 on Roku?
The easy steps to fix Error 83 on Roku are:
- Make sure your check device compatibility of your Roku with Disney Plus app.
- Ensure your Roku has the latest firmware update installed.
- Check for the Disney+ app updates and install them.
- Cross-check your internet connection.
- Shut down and restart your device.
How do I fix Disney+ Error Code 83 on Apple TV?
The steps below will help you resolve Error Code 83 on your Apple TV:
- Make sure you have the latest OS on your Apple TV to avoid compatibility issues.
- Ensure your internet speed is optimal for browsing your favorite Star Wars.
- Verify that the Disney Plus servers are up and running.
- Delete your browsing cookies and caches.
- Switch off your Apple TV for some time and switch it back on.
Other Disney Plus Error Codes:
There are plenty of other error codes that you may come across. These disruptions in accessing the platform can be due to several reasons and errors.
Error Codes can appear in any region. So whether it is Disney Plus Australia, Disney+ Malaysia, Disney Plus Germany, or Disney+ Canada, any region can get the same error.
Some of those are mentioned below:
- Disney+ Error Code 75 – Issues with exceeding four simultaneous device connections
- Disney+ Error Code 73 – Issues with location or content availability
- Disney+ Error Code 43 – Issues with login or internet connection
- Disney+ Error Code 42 – Issues with internet connectivity
- Disney+ Error Code 39 – Issues with streaming on Xbox One
- Disney+ Error Code 30 – Issues with adding a new account
- Disney+ Error Code 6 – Issues with your login email id or password
How do I fix Error Code 86 on Disney Plus?
Error Code 86 appears when Disney+ blocks your account for some reason, or you may have performed an activity that does not abide by the terms and conditions of Disney Plus.
Why am I getting an error on Disney Plus?
To find out how to fix an error on Disney Plus, refer to our post “Disney Plus not Working.”
How do I fix my Disney Plus Error Code 38?
Restart your Disney Plus App.
Restart your modem and device with an interval of a minute in between power off and restart.
Ensure your device time is set to automatic.
Disney Plus Error Code 83 mainly appears when there are internet connection, server, browser, or device compatibility problems. The fixes mentioned above are more straightforward and should fix this error. By the end of the post, your Disney+ will be fixed, and you can stream your favorite TV shows and movies.