Are you a Marvel Comic fan and wondering how I watch “What If” on Disney+? Don’t you worry; we are going to guide you step by step.
What If…? explores the switching of characters with roles in a different Marvel universe. Would you have imagined Peggy Carter as Captain America doing stunts? You are in for a lot of twists and turns with this animated series of Marvel Cinematic Universe. Though it has instances with callbacks, the whole plot revolves around those possibilities of what could happen if certain events in the MCU movies were different.
Sounds interesting, right?
You can stream What If in the countries where Disney+ has launched already. So, for example, streaming What If on Disney Plus Australia, Disney+ Germany, or in Disney Plus Canada won’t be an issue.
Similarly, for Asian countries, watching What If on Disney Plus Singapore, Disney+ Malaysia, or Disney Plus Thailand will be hassle-free.
In fact, with the accessibility features like close captions, it will be fun for non-native English speakers too!
Hang on a second; do you reside in a region where Disney+ has not officially launched yet? Well, don’t you worry; all you need is a reliable VPN, and you’re good to go.
Below are the steps that you can use to watch What If with a VPN:
How to Watch What If on Disney Plus with a VPN? [4 Quick Steps]
Are you living in a place where you’re missing out on “What If” episodes? Then, follow the steps below, and you will be able to watch “What If” on Disney Plus without a hassle:
- Get a VPN subscription (Our recommendation is ExpressVPN for its buffer-free fast streaming for Disney+.)
- After subscribing to the VPN, download its App your device.
- Sign in to your VPN and select a server where Disney Plus is available. (Our recommended servers for ExpressVPN are New Jersey, Washington DC, New York, and Sydney)
- Log in to your Disney+ and stream What If..?
Disclaimer: Signing up for just a VPN won’t let you watch “What If…?” You will need a Disney+ paid subscription for streaming. Additionally, a VPN will only help you unblocking the Disney Plus App.
What is Marvel’s What If Release Date?
The first episode of MCU’s What If the release was on 11th August 2021at 3 am ET, and 8 am GMT. It is the fourth series of Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Just like Loki, the weekly release schedule is shifted from Friday to Wednesday. So, every new episode can be streamed from 3 am ET and 8 am GMT on Wednesday.
If you have not already subscribed to Disney+, you can do it now from one of the three options:
- Monthly subscription at $7.99
- Annual subscription at $79.99
- Monthly Disney+ Bundle subscription at $13
Everything You Want to Know About What If on Disney+
As suggested by the title, the plot of “What If” revolves around various possibilities of what scenarios might have been if certain characters switched roles as the story uncovers further.
The voiceover in “What If” has some of the best voices in town. Natalie Portman, Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Paul Rudd (Ant-Man), Chadwick Boseman (TChalla), Josh Brolin (Thanos), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), Hayley Atwell (Captain Peggy Carter), Jeremy Renner (Clint Barton), Taika Waititi (Korg), Mark Ruffalo (Bruce Banner) and Sebastian Stan (Bucky Barnes) are some of the iconic actors featured in “What If.”
Talking about the featured voices, Jeff Wright as The Watcher narrating the episode is unmatched. Jeff Wright – the voice of the alternate universe guide of Uatu, will take us through all the episodes weekly on saving the earth!
With lots of surprises, twists, and turns in the plot, you will get hooked to What If from episode 1. Why do we say that? Well, because Peggy Carter gets the superhero serum! That’s not all; could you have imagined TChalla as Star-Lord? No right?
While there hasn’t been much information revealed about the plotline of forthcoming episodes, seeing Doctor Strange’s cape on Spider-Man makes us anticipate more.
Though some people may stream on their Smart Phones, the true essence of animation can be enjoyed to the fullest on a bigger screen. In fact, we have mentioned a few devices below to stream Disney+:
• How to watch Disney+ on Roku
• How to watch Disney Plus on Chromecast
• How to watch Disney+ on Smart TV
• How to watch Disney Plus on Firestick
• How to watch Disney+ on Xbox
• How to watch Disney Plus on PS4
What Makes What If on Disney+ So Special?
The reason why “What If” stands out is that it does not focus on repetition. It instead focuses on taking the storyline ahead, and they have finessed it completely.
The writers have written the plot keeping in mind that Marvel’s fans know the backdrop of Captain America‘s story is. Hence, they have effortlessly introduced pullbacks across the entire first episode.
To elaborate on it, let’s say that the pace of the series is not slowed down by reintroducing the characters. For instance, the screenplay was not thinned by establishing Red Skull as a negative character again. Instead, it has been penned down with an assumption that the audience already knows from the previous series, or you can tell by looking at him (haha!)
Can I Watch Marvel’s What If for Free?
Yes, you can watch Marvel’s What If for free if you have one of the following:
- For people who have subscribed to Amazon Music Unlimited, Disney+ can be streamed six months for free. However, if you fail to cancel your free Disney Plus subscription, you will be charged after that.
- If you have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership, you can stream Disney Plus complimentary trial for a month. However, it is essential to note that this promo is only valid until 30th September 2021.
How Many Episodes Will What If Have?
A total of 9 episodes will be aired in season 1 of Marvel’s What If.
Initially, for season 1, ten episodes were planned, but due to the current scenario of the pandemic, the last episode has been pushed to the second season.
Every week on Wednesday, a new episode of the What If season 1 will be released.
The release schedule of every episode of season 1 is as follows:
- Episode 1: Available on 11th August 2021
- Episode 2: Available on 18th August 2021
- Episode 3: Available on 25th August 2021
- Episode 4: Available on 1st September 2021
- Episode 5: Available on 8th September 2021
- Episode 6: Available on 15th September 2021
- Episode 7: Available on 22nd September 2021
- Episode 8: Available on 29th September 2021
- Episode 9: Available on 6th October 2021
What Other Movies and TV Shows Can I Watch on Disney+?
Disney Plus’s content hubs – Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Disney, and National Geographic, are loaded with thousands of movies and TV shows. Here’s a little segregation of what can other movies and TV shows you can watch on Disney+:
|Marvel Movies and TV shows on Disney+||Disney Movies and TV shows on Disney+|| Star Wars Movies and TV shows on Disney+||Pixar Movies and TV shows on Disney+|| National Geographic Content on Disney+|
|• Black Widow|
• The Falcon And The Winter Soldier
• Raya And The Last Dragon
• That’s So Raven
• Gravity Falls
• Rogue One- A Star Wars Story
• Star Wars: The Clone Wars
• Star Wars Rebels
• Star Wars: The Bad Batch
• The Mandalorian
• Monsters At Work
• Toy Story
• The Incredibles
• Finding Nemo
• The World According To Jeff Goldblum
• Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted
• Shark Attack Files
• Cesar Millan: Better Human Better Dog
• Running Wild With Bear Grylls
What If is an animated series that falls under the Marvel franchise in Disney Plus. Marvel studios produce it, and the theme of this series revolves around exploring the occurrence of critical events in an alternative sequence of Marvel characters in a parallel Marvel Universe.
Yes, Marvel’s What If was launched on Wednesday, 11th August 2021. Following this, every new What If episode will be made available on Wednesday to Disney Plus subscribers on the platform.
What is Marvel's What If going to be about?
Marvel’s What If is about the series of events happening in a parallel universe (different from mainstream Marvel Universe) and what those possibilities could lead to. For instance, the first episode’s theme could be simplified as; What If Peggy Carter was the first Avenger?
How long will Marvel What If episodes be?
Each episode of Marvel What If will be of duration of 30 minutes. A new episode will be aired every Wednesday at 8 am GMT.
How to watch Marvel What if episode 1 watch online?
The first episode of Marvel What If can be streamed on Disney Plus. To watch What If in a country where Disney Plus is available
, make sure you have an active Disney+ subscription
For the countries where Disney Plus has not launched
yet, you must subscribe to a VPN service
What is the cast of What if episode one?
The cast of the first episode of What If is as follows:
- Josh Keaton as Skinny Steve Rogers/Hydra Stomper
- Jeffrey Wright as The Watcher
- Bradley Whitford as Colonel Flynn
- Hayley Atwell as Captain Carter/Peggy
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes
- Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark
- Ross Marquand as Johann Schmidt/Red Skull
- Toby Jones as Arnim Zola
- Stanley Tucci as Dr. Erskine
- Neal McDonough as Dum Dum Dugan
- Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye
- Isaac Robinson as Brick
- Darrell Hammond as Nazi Commander
To watch What If on Disney Plus, all you need to do is have an active Disney+ subscription. If you reside in a country where Disney Plus is unavailable, you will require a VPN to stream Disney Plus. With a Disney+ subscription, you will not only be able to stream your favorite movies and TV shows of Pixar, Disney, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Marvel, of course.