Disney Plus Premier Access feature was introduced back in September 2020. It catered to watching exclusive Disney+ cinematic releases simultaneously on the platform from home with a nominal payment.
If you are one of those people who want to avoid long queues of a movie premiere and would rather stream the latest movie on your iOS or Android device, then the Premier Access on Disney+ is meant for you!
Though you may find scattered information regarding Premier Access across different websites, we have listed down all the relevant information, including the what is the cost, what are its features, and how to subscribe to Disney+ Premier Access from anywhere, for you right here, regardless of using a Disney Plus VPN for streaming!
What is Disney Plus Premier Access?
Disney Plus Premier Access provides exclusive viewership of your favourite Disney+ movie on its digital platform on the same day of its theatrical release. It is like an entry to the cinema of Disney Plus.
Imagine paying individual tickets for all the family members for a single movie in a cinema and getting a chance to save all that by only paying a small fee with all your family members watching the same movie from home!
If you are worried about the quality, worry no more! Most Premier Access releases are in HDR, UHD, and even 4K with Dolby Atmos sound.
What Does Disney Plus Premier Access Cost?
The Disney+ Premier Access cost varies depending on the region you are residing in. We have listed down Premier Access price region-wise as under:
Disney+ Premier Access Price in the USA
Disney+ Premier Access in the USA is $29.99 per movie. To avail of the Premier Access for a release, you must either have a monthly or yearly Disney Plus USA subscription. The costs of these are:
- $7.99 for a monthly Disney Plus USA subscription
- $79.99 for a yearly Disney Plus USA subscription
- $13.99 for a monthly subscription to the Disney Plus bundle
Disney+ Premier Access Price in Canada
The cost of Disney+ Premier Access in Canada is CAD 34.99 per movie. Like the USA, you must either have an annual or a monthly subscription to Disney+ Canada. The price of Disney Plus Canada is as follows:
- CAD 11.99 for a monthly subscription package
- CAD 119.99 for an annual subscription package
Disney+ Premier Access Price in the UK
The standard cost of Premier Access in the UK is £19.99 per movie. If you want to avail of the Disney+ Premier Access deal, the usual subscriptions are required in Disney Plus UK. The prices of the standard subscription packages are mentioned below:
- £7.99 for subscribing to a monthly package
- £79.99 for subscribing to the annual package
Disney+ Premier Access Price in Australia
Disney Plus Premier deals in Australia costs AUD 34.99 per movie. It is imperative to subscribe to Disney Plus Australia through monthly or yearly packages. Here is the price of the standard deals of Disney+ in Australia:
- AUD 11.99 per month for a monthly subscription
- AUD 119.99 per year for an annual subscription
Disney+ Premier Access Cost in New Zealand
The cost of the Premier Access deal in New Zealand is NZ$ 39.99 per movie. In order to avail of the Premier Access deal on Disney+ NZ, you will be required to have an active Disney Plus NZ subscription. The cost of Disney+ New Zealand subscriptions are:
- NZ$ 12.99 for a monthly subscription
- NZ$ 129.99 for a yearly subscription
Note: Besides the subscriptions, if you have subscribed to Disney+ through Disney Plus free trial, the Premier Access fee would still have to be paid.
What are Disney Plus Premier Access Movies?
Following is the Premier Access Disney Plus movie list so far:
|Premier Access Title||Premier Access Release Date||Standard Release Date on Main Disney+ Platform|
|Mulan||4th September 2020||4th December 2020|
|Raya and the Last Dragon||5th March 2022||18 March 2022|
|Cruella||28th May 2021||4th June 2021|
|Black Widow||9th July 2021||6th October 2021|
|Jungle Cruise||30th July 2021||12th November 2021|
What Other Movies will be Available on Disney Plus Premier Access?
There has not been any recent official announcement of a Premier Access title. Although Marvel’s Eternals has had a theatrical release before making it on the Disney Plus platform, what we know is Pixar’s new title, “Turning Red,” is set to release on the main Disney+ platform in March 2022, rather than in cinemas.
Let’s wait and watch for more updates.
What Devices are Compatible with Disney+ Premier Access?
Following is the list of devices that support Disney+ Premier Access:
SMARTPHONES & TABLETS:
- Most latest Android smartphones have OS above 4.4.4, and iOS smartphones above OS 10, including iPads and tablets.
- Additionally, Premier Access can also be subscribed to via Disney Plus on Smart TVs and Disney+ on Apple TV!
- All the latest web browsers like Google Chrome version above 75, Safari version above 11, Microsoft Edge version above 79, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and UR browsers.
- Premier Access can also be subscribed via Disney Plus on Roku, Disney+ on Chromecast, and Disney+ on Firestick.
What to Do if Disney Plus Premier Access is not Working?
Although there can be many reasons why Premier Access on Disney Plus is not working, some of the quick fixes are listed as under:
- Problems with your internet device might be causing connectivity issues. Try restarting your Wi-Fi device, or bring it closer to your streaming device.
- If connectivity isn’t the problem, there could be issues with your streaming device. Please turn off the streaming device for at least 20 seconds and restart it. If that doesn’t work, check for firmware updates.
- If you are using a VPN, there may be problems with your VPN app. Switch your VPN app off, switch it back on and see if things are smooth. Additionally, check for your VPN app updates and install if any are available.
- Lastly, your Disney+ platform may be having issues, and the servers may be down. Check for the downtime and wait for them to be back up and running.
- In addition to that, check for Disney+ app updates. Install them to avoid any hassle.
- Besides these, if you run into a specific Error code like Disney Plus Error Code 83, Disney+ Error Code 73, Disney+ Error Code 24, Error Code 42 or Disney Plus Error Code 39, troubleshoot them depending on their error code.
How long does Premier Access last on Disney Plus?
Is Disney+ Premier Access a one-time payment?
Is Disney+ Premier Access monthly payment?
Disney Plus Premier Access is definitely for all the people that want to avoid long queues on a movie premier night at the cinemas! The good thing about it is that you get to have 4 concurrent screens, watch the Premier Access title as many times as you want, and can even download it to view it offline. The only downside is that it is a one-time fee paid for a single movie title. But at times like these, we feel it is worth the penny.
In fact, people who reside in geo-restricted regions or in areas where Premier Access is not available can always subscribe to a premium VPN to get Premier Access on Disney Plus. If you have any queries or comments, please let us know in the comments section below!