Disney Plus Mexico was launched on 17th November 2020 in partnership with Telmex, Izzi Telecom, Mercado Libre and Telcel. With launch of Disney Plus in Mexico and Latin American countries, subscribers had access to content hubs of movies and TV shows of Pixar, Disney, Star Wars, National Geographic and Marvel.
As of now, Disney+ is available in only a few countries, including the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Ireland, France, Italy, Spain, Austria, Switzerland, Canada, Germany, India, and Puerto Rico.
This is why, when you try to access Disney Plus in a country where it has not launched officially, the following geo-restriction error code 73 will appear on your screen:
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your country.”
Similarly, if you want to access the content library of a different country, you will need to use the best VPN to watch Disney Plus. Learn more by moving to the section “ How to Watch Disney Plus (US version) in Mexico?”
Note: The steps mentioned above can only be used to stream Disney+ if you live in a country where it is officially available. The same steps can be followed for Disney Plus Singapore, Disney Plus Philippines, Disney+ Brazil and Disney Plus Australia– to name a few.
However, did you think about what you will do if you move to a geo-restricted country? Or, suppose you want to watch the content library of the USA in Mexico; you can do that by using a VPN and following the steps mentioned in “ How to Watch Disney Plus (US version) in Mexico?“
How Much Does Disney Plus Mexico Costs?
The price of Disney Plus Mexico is as follows:
- MXN 159 for a monthly subscription.
- MXN 1599 for a yearly subscription.
Telmex Packages for Disney Plus Mexico:
Following are the Telmex packages with which you can get Disney Plus Mexico free of cost:
|Telmex Package||30 Mbpspackage||40 Mbps package||50 Mbps package||200 Mbps package||300 Mbps package|
|Cost||MXN 389per month||MXN 435per month||MXN 499per month||MXN 599per month|
Izzi Packages for Disney+ Mexico:
Following are the Izzi packages with which you can get Disney Plus Mexico complimentary:
|Izzi Package||60 Mbps package||100 Mbpspackage||500 Mbps package||1000 Mbps package|
|Cost||MXN 790 per month(bring your own line)||MXN 1000 per month(bring your own line)||MXN 1840 per month(bring your own line)||MXN 2340 per month(bring your own line)|
If you have an unlimited contract with Izzi, you can add Star+ at an additional cost of MXN 49 per month for a contract of 12 months.
Mercado Libre Packages for Disney Plus in Mexico:
Disney Plus Mexico can also be purchased via Mercado Libre website at the following prices:
- Get Disney+ at the standard monthly cost of MXN 159 per month.
- Get Star+ standalone at the standard monthly cost of MXN 199 per month.
- Get Combo+ offer that includes Disney+ and Star+ at the monthly cost of MXN 249 per month.
Telcel Package for Disney Plus Mexico:
You can simply get Disney Plus in Mexico with Telcel at the cost of MXN 159 per month.
Note: Watching Disney+ in Mexico via VPN does not mean that it will let you watch the content without a subscription as it is not a free streaming service. This means you can access the Disney Plus content in Mexico or anywhere via VPN if you already have its account.
P.S: The US version of Disney+ also offers the Disney Plus bundle which is $13.99 per month.
How VPN Allows You to Access Disney Plus in Mexico?
In simple words, the internet service you are using contains your local IP address. And Disney+ needs to follow the content distribution regulations; it uses an IP tracking system to block all the users who try to watch the content in unsupported countries like Mexico.
So, when you try to watch Disney Plus in Mexico, it triggers the IP tracking system and immediately blocks you from accessing the content.
This is where a VPN comes to the rescue. A VPN service can hide your local IP address and replace it with the one where Disney+ is available such as in the USA.
Note: Not all VPNs can allow you to access streaming services like Disney+ in Mexico. This happens because not all VPN providers offer optimized servers for streaming. This is why choosing a VPN service is a very crucial part of watching Disney Plus in Mexico. Don’t know which VPN is best to access Disney+ in Mexico? Don’t worry, as I already listed down the best Disney Plus VPN for you:
Best VPNs to Watch Disney Plus Mexico
- ExpressVPN: Best Disney Plus VPN to watch Disney Plus Mexico. It offers 3000+ fastest servers in 90+ countries, including 50+ US servers, which provide buffer-free streaming at 89.45 Mbps and no server dropouts. You will get 5 simultaneous connections on a single account along with a 30-day money-back guarantee at only $6.67/mo(Get 3 Months FREE with annual subscription!).
- Surfshark: Affordable VPN that works with Disney+ in Mexico. It offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, including 20+ USA servers to access Disney Plus in Mexico or anywhere globally. And it is the only Disney Plus VPN that offers unlimited simultaneous connections on a single subscription. It also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee for $2.49/mo(Get Surfshark Antivirus FREE & Save 81% on a 24-month subscription).
- NordVPN: Fastest VPN that works with Disney+ to watch in Mexico. This provider offers exceptional speed thanks to its NordLynx servers. It has 5500+ servers in 140+ countries, including 200+ US servers, to unblock Disney+ in Mexico. It also provides 5 multi-logins on a single account and a 31-day money-back guarantee for $3.49/mo(Avail 70% off & win extra time on a 2 year subscription).
What Can I Watch on Disney Plus Mexico?
Here is the list of TV shows and movies that you can enjoy on Disney Plus in Mexico:
|Movies and TV shows of Marvel||Movies and TV shows of Disney||Movies and TV shows about Star Wars||Movies and TV shows by Pixar||Content of National Geographic|
What is Upcoming on Disney Plus Mexico?
The following content is upcoming on Disney Plus Mexico:
- Dan in Real Life
- Billie Eilish: Happier Than Ever concert
- Dug days
- Ms. Marvel
- Night at the Museum (Animated version)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Animated version)
- Kardashian content
- Star Wars: Visions
Is There Any Exclusive Content on Disney+ Mexico?
Disney Plus Mexico has plenty of exclusive content for its subscribers. Some of them are as follows:
- Opa Popa Dupa
- Conecta y Canta
- El Repatriado
- El Ristorantino de Arnoldo
- Lo Que No Sabías Del Humor
Compare Disney Plus Mexico With Netflix and Prime Video:
|Features||Disney+||Netflix||Amazon Prime Video|
|Cost||MXN 159||MXN 139||MXN 99|
|Video Quality||4K, HDR and Dolby Vision||4K and HDR||4K and HDR|
|Sound Quality||Dolby Atmos and surround sound||5.1 192 kbps (Basic package)|
Dolby Atmos (Premium package)
|Dolby Atmos and surround sound|
What Devices are Compatible with Disney Plus Mexico?
Disney Plus is compatible with most devices in Mexico. Some of them are mentioned below:
|Smartphones, Tablets & Mobiles||Compatible with:|
|Browsers on Computers or Laptops||Recommended browsers:|
|Other devices||Compatible with:|
Can you watch Disney Plus in Mexico?
Can you watch Disney Plus abroad?
What is the Disney+ trial time?
Do ESPN and Hulu have an additional cost on Disney+?
What are the Disney+ customer service channels in Mexico?
Does Disney+ Mexico offers a free trial?
The Disney Plus Mexico launch came from the basic content hubs and a comb+ offer that includes Star+. The content of Star+ offers a wide variety of movies and TV shows for adults. In fact, if you are travelling abroad to a geo-restricted country and wish to access Disney Plus Mexico abroad, you can do that with the help of a VPN.