Disney Plus Mexico was launched on 17th November 2020 in partnership with Telmex, Izzi Telecom, Mercado Libre and Telcel. With its launch in Mexico and Latin American countries, subscribers had access to content hubs of movies and TV shows of Pixar, Disney, Star Wars, National Geographic and Marvel. Watching new episodes of What if won’t be an issue at all.
As of now, Disney+ is available in only a few countries, including UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Ireland, France, Italy, Spain, Austria, Switzerland, Canada, Germany, India, and Puerto Rico.
This is why, when you try to access Disney Plus in a country where it has not launched officially, the following geo-restriction error code 73 will appear on your screen:
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your country.”
Note: The steps mentioned above can only be used to stream Disney+ if you live in a country where it is officially available. The same steps can be followed for Disney Plus Singapore, Disney Plus Philippines, Disney+ Brazil and Disney Plus Australia– to name a few.
However, did you think about what you will do if you move to a geo-restricted country? Or, suppose you want to watch the content library of the USA in Mexico; you can do that by using a VPN and follow the steps mentioned in “ How to Watch Disney Plus (US version) in Mexico?“
How Much Does Disney Plus Mexico Costs?
The price of Disney Plus Mexico is as follows:
- MXN 159 for a monthly subscription.
- MXN 1599 for a yearly subscription.
Telmex Packages for Disney Plus Mexico:
Following are the Telmex packages with which you can get Disney Plus Mexico free of cost:
Izzi Packages for Disney+ Mexico:
Following are the Izzi packages with which you can get Disney Plus Mexico complimentary:
|Izzi Package|| |
|Cost||MXN 790 per month|
(bring your own line)
MXN 1000 per month
(bring your own line)
|MXN 1840 per month|
(bring your own line)
|MXN 2340 per month|
(bring your own line)
If you have an unlimited contract with Izzi, you can add Star+ at an additional cost of MXN 49 per month for a contract of 12 months.
Mercado Libre Packages for Disney Plus in Mexico:
Disney Plus Mexico can also be purchased via Mercado Libre website at the following prices:
- Get Disney+ at the standard monthly cost of MXN 159 per month.
- Get Star+ standalone at the standard monthly cost of MXN 199 per month.
- Get Combo+ offer that includes Disney+ and Star+ at the monthly cost of MXN 249 per month.
Telcel Package for Disney Plus Mexico:
You can simply get Disney Plus in Mexico with Telcel at the cost of MXN 159 per month.
Note: Watching Disney+ in Mexico via VPN does not mean that it will let you watch the content without a subscription as it is not a free streaming service. This means you can access the Disney Plus content in Mexico or anywhere via VPN if you already have its account.
How VPN Allows You to Access Disney Plus in Mexico?
In simple words, the internet service you are using contains your local IP address. And Disney+ needs to follow the content distribution regulations; it uses an IP tracking system to block all the users who try to watch the content in unsupported countries like Mexico.
So, when you try to watch Disney Plus in Mexico, it triggers the IP tracking system and immediately blocks you from accessing the content.
This is where a VPN comes to the rescue. A VPN service can hide your local IP address and replace it with the one where Disney+ is available such as the USA.
Note: Not all VPNs can allow you to access streaming services like Disney+ in Mexico. This happens because not all VPN providers offer optimized servers for streaming. This is why choosing a VPN service is a very crucial part of watching Disney Plus in Mexico. Don’t know which VPN is best to access Disney+ in Mexico? Don’t worry, as I already listed down the best Disney Plus VPN for you:
Best Disney Plus VPNs to Watch in Mexico
- ExpressVPN: #1 best Disney Plus VPN to watch in Mexico. It offers 3000+ fastest servers in 90+ countries, including 50+ US servers, which provide buffer-free streaming at 89.45 Mbps and no server dropouts. You will get 5 simultaneous connections on a single account along with a 30-day money-back guarantee at only $6.67/mo.
- Surfshark: Affordable VPN that works with Disney+ in Mexico. It offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, including 20+ USA servers to access Disney Plus in Mexico or anywhere globally. And it is the only Disney Plus VPN that offers unlimited simultaneous connections on a single subscription. It also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee for $2.49/mo.
- NordVPN: Fastest VPN that works with Disney+ to watch in Mexico. This provider offers exceptional speed thanks to its NordLynx servers. It has 5500+ servers in 140+ countries, including 200+ US servers, to unblock Disney+ in Mexico. It also provides 5 multi-logins on a single account and a 31-day money-back guarantee for $4.92/mo.
What Can I Watch on Disney+ Mexico?
Here is the list of TV shows and movies that you can enjoy on Disney Plus in Mexico:
|Movies and TV shows of Marvel||Movies and TV shows of Disney||Movies and TV shows of Star Wars||Movies and TV shows of Pixar||Content of National Geographic|
What is Upcoming on Disney Plus Mexico?
The following content is upcoming on Disney Plus Mexico:
- Dan in Real Life
- Billie Eilish: Happier Than Ever concert
- Dug days
- Ms. Marvel
- Night at the Museum (Animated version)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Animated version)
- Kardashian content
- Star Wars: Visions
Is There Any Exclusive Content on Disney+ Mexico?
Disney Plus Mexico has plenty of exclusive content for its subscribers. Some of them are as follows:
- Opa Popa Dupa
- Conecta y Canta
- El Repatriado
- El Ristorantino de Arnoldo
- Lo Que No Sabías Del Humor
Compare Disney Plus Mexico With Netflix and Prime Video:
|Features||Disney+||Netflix||Amazon Prime Video|
|Cost||MXN 159||MXN 139||MXN 99|
|Video Quality||4K, HDR and Dolby Vision||4K and HDR||4K and HDR|
|Sound Quality||Dolby Atmos and surround sound||5.1 192 kbps (Basic package)|
Dolby Atmos (Premium package)
|Dolby Atmos and surround sound|
What Devices are Compatible with Disney Plus Mexico?
Disney Plus is compatible with most devices in Mexico. Some of them are mentioned below:
|Smartphones, Tablets & Mobiles||Compatible with:|
|Browsers on Computers or Laptops||Recommended browsers:|
|Other devices||Compatible with:|
Can you watch Disney plus in Mexico?
Can you watch Disney plus abroad?
What is the Disney+ trial time?
Do ESPN and Hulu have an additional cost on Disney+?
What are the Disney+ customer service channels in Mexico?
The Disney Plus Mexico launch came from the basic content hubs and a comb+ offer that includes Star+. The content of Star+ offers a wide variety of movies and TV shows for adults. In fact, if you are traveling abroad to a geo-restricted country and wish to access Disney Plus Mexico abroad, you can do that with the help of a VPN.