Just like several other devices, you can stream Disney Plus on Chromecast. So if you ever want to watch popular movies and TV shows with no access to Smart TV, the latest Chromecast 7 device will always come in handy.
A Chromecast is a Google device that connects to any non-smart TV for streaming content from major platforms like Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, and even Youtube. Your mobile Device (Not supported on computers) acts as a remote control and casts these apps on your television screen with the help of Chromecast.
The problem arises when you see an error which states, “Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast device.” which is problematic as Disney Plus Chromecast works pretty well on your home TV.
If that is the case, then there is a high probability that Disney+ Chromecast is blocked in your region. And the only way you can Chromecast Disney Plus is with a Disney+ VPN.
A VPN is your ticket to access all the restricted content in your region through its ability to mask your IP address and online identity, making it impossible to track your actual location.
Disney+ has the license to function in only a handful of regions like America, the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Oceania. So, for instance, watching Disney Plus in Brazil or Disney+ Denmark won’t be an issue.
The rest of the world depends on a VPN to watch their favorite Disney+ shows and movies. If you live in one of those geo-restricted countries, skip to our section on “How to set up a VPN on Chromecast.”
Note: Paid membership on a Disney Plus account is essential for this. A VPN can only provide access to the streaming service. If you don’t already have an account, you need to make one and buy a subscription. 0
Best VPNs for Disney Plus Chromecast in 2021
While investing in a VPN, you need to ensure that it serves its primary purpose: protection and privacy while bypassing geo-restriction filters that prevent you from watching your favorite shows on Chromecast Disney Plus.
If your Disney Plus Chromecast is not working despite being connected to a VPN, then it’s time to get a new one, and to spare you the hassle, we have listed below the top 3 VPNs in the industry after testing them out ourselves, so you don’t have to.
1. ExpressVPN | Best VPN for Disney+ on Chromecast
ExpressVPN has been under the banner of top VPNs for quite some time now, majorly because of its fast speed and buffer-free streaming, with 3000+ servers in 94 countries, making it one of the best server libraries in the VPN industry.
It can bypass the most durable geo-restriction filters and unblock Disney+ on Chromecast for you to stream content on a non-smart TV easily; that is why it is listed as one of the best. Despite being on the more expensive side at the cost of $6.67/mo, it is still a top-rated VPN out there. It provides quality with a quantity of up to 5 simultaneous connections on a single account and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
2. Surfshark |Affordable VPN for Disney+
Surfshark has become the ultimate travel buddy of frequent travelers, providing them with the proper protection and internet privacy they need while having the power to unblock the most robust geo-blocking filters out there.
With 3200+ servers in 65 countries, Surfshark has proved its worth by providing connections to whatever server you like within seconds. In addition, it offers unlimited connection on a single account with one of the cheapest price tags at $2.49/mo along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3. NordVPN | Fastest VPN to stream Disney+ on Chromecast
With its Nordlynx servers (WireGuard), NordVPN is just a little behind ExpressVPN and is in the line for the top fastest VPNs for Disney+.
It has 5500+ servers across 60 countries and costs $4.92/mo. Having access to the most number of servers means that NordVPN has the capability of unlocking all the restricted content like Disney+ on Chromecast, so you can enjoy it anywhere you want.
Along with a high stream quality for Disney Plus on Chromecast, it is compatible with gaming consoles such as Xbox and PS4. Besides gaming consoles, you can access Disney Plus on Smart TV, Roku, and Apple TV.
NordVPN allows ten simultaneous connections on a single account with a 30-day money-back guarantee, too!
NOTE: All of the VPNs mentioned above can be used in geo-restricted countries as well. For example, you can watch Disney Plus in Philippines with any of the above-mentioned VPN. Our recommendation is ExpressVPN.
Common Chromecast Bugs on Disney+
One of the most common Chromecast bugs on Disney+ that customers reported was related to the movie’s continuation. When customers stop watching a movie before it ends and then pick it up later in the day, it will not continue from the same timeframe.
It will start from the beginning, no matter where you had left it off. This bug annoyed the customers a lot; eventually, it got better with time and will be far less frequent.
Another major bug had no sound on the Disney+ Chromecast. There were numerous reasons for that ranging from the Device and Disney Plus not being updated to the latest software or the Disney Plus android app not working.
It can be solved by deleting unnecessary cache and reinstalling the Device and software on the TV. However, to effectively Chromecast Disney+, you must keep both the Device and service up to date.
Which Chromecast Generations are Compatible With Disney+?
Following Chromecast generations are compatible with Disney Plus:
- 1st generation
- 2nd generation
- 3rd generation
- Chromecast Ultra (best for 4K streaming)
Does Chromecast Support Other Streaming Services?
Yes, a Chromecast device can be used to stream many streaming services besides Disney Plus. Following are a few of them:
|Streaming Services Compatible with Chromecast|
|Hulu||Google Play Movies||Google TV||HBO Max|
|Netflix||Amazon Prime Video||BBC iPlayer||Now TV|
|MTV Play||Apple TV Plus|
What Other Devices are Compatible With Disney+ besides Chromecast?
Besides Chromecast, you can stream Disney Plus on the following devices:
- Roku (Read more: how to watch Disney Plus on Roku)
- PS4 and the later versions (Read more: how to watch Disney Plus on PS4)
- Xbox One and the later versions (Read more: how to watch Disney Plus on Xbox)
- Smart TVs (Samsung, Sony, TCL & LG)
- Amazon Fire TV & Fire TV stick
- iPhones, Apple TVs & iPads
- Web browsers of laptops, desktops, and Mac
What Can I Watch on Disney Plus With Chromecast?
We just guided you on how to cast Disney Plus; now, it’s time to find out what Disney Plus offers content-wise. Although it has a wide range of newly released content on its site that you can watch, these Disney Plus movies listed below are available on its website and the Disney Plus app.
Best TV Shows
- Just Beyond (October 2021 release)
- Turner & Hooch (July 2021 release)
- Falcon and the Winter Soldier
- High School Musical
- The Simpsons
- The Mandalorian
- That’s so Raven
- Marvel Runaway
- Black Widow (Premiered July 2021)
- Thor Ragnarok
- Lady and the Tramp
- Jungle Cruise
- Raya and the Last Dragon
How to Fix Disney Plus not Working on Chromecast?
Are you not able to figure out why Disney Plus is not working on Chromecast? We have listed some of the possible reasons below:
- Disney+ servers down: Check if Disney+ servers are down or not. If they are, all you can do is wait until they are up again.
- Browse another title: There could be a possibility of problems with current title streams. Browse another movie or TV show to check if the streaming is fine. If you face the same problem on other titles, report it to Help Center.
- Problems with setting up your Chromecast device: Sometimes, you may face a problem setting up your Chromecast device due to special characters in the device name. Disney Plus, at times, is unable to recognize devices with special characters or symbols. Try removing the special characters or symbols and stick to simpler names.
- Connectivity issues: Internet connection issues can also cause problems with streaming Disney+ on Chromecast. Reset your Wi-Fi device and log back into your Disney Plus account.
- Cache issues: Not clearing your device cache may cause temporary glitches in streaming. Clearing the cache of your device will quickly resolve it.
- Outdated firmware: An outdated version of your device firmware may not be compatible with Disney Plus. Updating your Chromecast device will help you get back to streaming Disney+.
If none of the above works, contact the Help Center of Disney Plus.
Why does Disney Plus not work on Chromecast?
How do I download Disney Plus on Chromecast?
Can you Chromecast Disney Plus UK?
Why can't I cast Disney Plus to my TV?
How do I cast Disney Plus to Chromecast?
What devices does Chromecast support?
Watching Disney Plus on Chromecast is very practical to use anywhere, especially when a Smart TV is not accessible. Furthermore, you will require a premium VPN to stream Disney+ in a geo-restricted country. We recommend ExpressVPN because who wants to go through continuous buffering while streaming? Well, No body!