How to Watch Disney Plus on Smart TV with a VPN [September Update]
Wondering how to watch Disney Plus on Smart TV from a location where the service is not available yet? If yes, then this blog is for you.
In this guide, I will explain you steps to stream Disney Plus on your Samsung or LG smart TV from anywhere with the help of a VPN. So without any further delay, let’s dive in:
But currently, Disney Plus service is only available in few countries, including the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Canada, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, Ireland, Switzerland, India, and Puerto Rico.
This is why when you try to access Disney+ on your Smart TV other than mentioned above countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Denmark, South Africa, Mexico, Brazil, Philippines or any unsupported country, the following geo-restriction error appears on your screen:
However, with the help of a VPN’s Smart DNS feature, you can still access Disney+ on your Smart TV. Here is how you can do it:
Easy Steps: How to Watch Disney Plus on Smart TV from Anywhere via VPN
Unfortunately, Smart TV does not offer a built-in VPN app. This is why you need to set up a VPN on your Smart TV via Smart DNS method. Follow these steps to watch Disney Plus on Smart TV from anywhere:
Activate Smart DNS via VPN
- Download and subscribe to a VPN on your Windows or macOS device (Surfshark is the best working Disney Plus VPN in 2020).
- Now head to https://account.surfshark.com/login and click on the “Smart DNS” option.
- At the bottom of the page, you will find a Smart DNS “Activate” button.
- Verify your IP address. Make sure that you are disconnected from VPN or proxy servers and that it is indeed the IP address of your Network. If the address is correct, select Activate.
- It will take some time to activate. After 2 minutes, if nothing happens, I suggest you refresh the page.
- Once the activation process is complete, you will get the email that the Smart DNS has been activated on that IP address (Make sure to choose the USA as your location).
- Now its time to set up the DNS addresses that you get in an email on your LG or Samsung Smart TV.
Set Up Smart DNS on Samsung Smart TV and Watch Disney+ From Anywhere
- First, turn on your Samsung Smart TV and press the “Menu” button on the remote.
- The main menu will appear. From there, select “Network” and then “Network Status” option.
- Now in the Network Status screen, scroll down and select the “IP Settings” option.
- Now select DNS setting > select Enter manually and then enter the DNS address, which you can find in your Surfshark profile page after you activated Smart DNS service.
- Congratulations, smart DNS is configured on your Samsung smart TV.
- Now go to the Home menu of your Samsung Smart TV and select the “Apps” option.
- Search for Disney Plus by entering it the search bar, which is located on the top right corner of the screen, and install the app.
- Once the Disney+ app is installed, launch the app > log-in to your account and enjoy it.
Note: Disney Plus app is available on Samsung Smart TVs from 2016 to all the later models with Tizen OS. So, if you own an older model of Samsung TV, you need to switch to later models to watch Disney+.
Set Up Smart DNS on LG Smart TV and Watch Disney+ from Anywhere
- First, turn on your LG Smart TV and press the “Settings” button to open the Settings menu.
- Now in the Settings menu, select Network > select Wi-Fi > then select the Edit button.
- Now un-check the “Set Automatically” option to manually configure the DNS address.
- After un-check the “Set Automatically” option, now enter the DNS address that you can find in your Surfshark account page.
- Once you enter the DNS address, select the “Connect” option and wait for the process until you get the notification, which says “Connected to Internet.”
- Congratulations, smart DNS is conjured successfully on your LG smart TV.
- Now head to LG Content Store from your TV’s Home menu.
- Select the search icon > enter Disney Plus > press the “install” button and wait for the process.
- Once the Disney+ app is installed, the Disney+ icon will appear on the screen.
- Press the Disney+ icon with the help of remote to launch the app.
- Now log-in to your Disney Plus account and enjoy on your LG Smart TV.
Note: Disney Plus app is compatible with LG TV models from 2016 and onwards that has 3.0 webOS or later. Additionally, using a VPN does not mean that it will let you watch Disney+ for free on your smart TV. This means you need a Disney Plus subscription first before trying to watch it in an unsupported country. However, if you don’t know how to get Disney+ subscription in an unsupported country, then read my best VPN to watch Disney Plus guide.
What Can I Watch on Disney Plus?
Disney Plus offers tons of movies and TV shows to watch. But if you don’t know where to start, you can follow the mentioned below lists:
Best TV Shows
- The Mandolorian aka Baby Yoda show
- The Simpsons
- Star Wars Clone Wars
- Forky Asks the Question
- That’s So Raven
- Even Stevens
- The World According t0 Jeff Goldblum
- Ultimate Spider-Man
- Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Thor Ragnarok
- Lady and the Tramp
- Iron Man: All Parts
- Guardians of the Galaxy: All Parts
- Mary Poppins
- Lilo & Stitch
Can I get Disney plus on my smart TV?
Yes. Disney Plus offers its dedicated app for multiple smart TV brands including, Samsung, LG, Sony, Phillips, Amazon Fire TV, and more. You can download the official Disney+ app on your smart TV via an app store.
Does Samsung Smart TV have Disney plus?
Yes. All the Samsung Smart TV models from 2016 and onwards supports Disney Plus. You can download the official Disney Plus app via the app store on your Samsung Smart TV.
How do I get Disney+ on my smart TV?
To get Disney+ app on your Samsung, LG, Sony, or Android Smart TV, all you need to search for the Disney Plus app on app store and download it.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?