- How to watch disney plus on smart tv
How to Watch Disney Plus on Smart TV in 2021 (March Updated)
Last updated: March 1, 2021 by Salman
Wondering how to watch Disney Plus on Smart TV from a location where the service is not available yet? If yes, then this blog is for you.
In this guide, I will explain to you steps to stream Disney Plus on your Samsung or LG smart TV from anywhere with the help of a VPN. So without any further delay, let’s dive in:
Disney+ offers dedicated apps for all the popular streaming devices, including Smart TV, Roku, Apple TV, Firestick, Xbox, PS4, iOS, and Android.
But currently, Disney Plus service is only available in few countries, including the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Canada, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, Ireland, Switzerland, India, and Puerto Rico.
This is why when you try to access Disney+ on your Smart TV other than mentioned above countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Denmark, South Africa, Mexico, Brazil, Philippines or any unsupported country, the following geo-restriction error appears on your screen:
However, with the help of a VPN’s Smart DNS feature, you can still access Disney+ on your Smart TV. Here is how you can do it:
How to Watch Disney Plus on Smart TV (Easy Steps)
Start by downloading the Disney+ app on your device through the following method:
How to get Disney Plus on Smart TV?
- Create an account on the Disney Plus website.
- Connect your Smart TV to the internet and visit the “App” icon on the home screen.
- Search for Disney Plus.
- From the results, click on the Disney+ app icon and then “add to home.”
- It will download and install the app on your Smart TV.
- Launch it, and sign in using your credentials.
If the Disney+ app is geo-restricting you to access the content then get a VPN. Unfortunately, Smart TV does not offer a built-in VPN app. This is why you need to set up a VPN on your Smart TV via Smart DNS method. Follow these steps to watch Disney Plus on Smart TV from anywhere:
Activate MediaStreamer DNS via VPN
- Download and subscribe to a VPN on your Windows or macOS device (ExpressVPN is the best working Disney Plus VPN in 2021).
- Visit ExpressVPN DNS Setup page and Sign-in.
- Register your IP address under the heading, and enable Automatic registration below.
- Visit the Setup page and collect your MediaStreamer IP address.
- Now its time to set up the DNS addresses that you get in an email on your LG or Samsung Smart TV.
Set Up MediaStreamer DNS on Samsung Smart TV and Watch Disney+ From Anywhere
- First, turn on your Samsung Smart TV and press the “Menu” button on the remote.
- The main menu will appear. From there, select “Network” and then “Network Status” option.
- Now in the Network Status screen, scroll down and select the “IP Settings” option.
- Now select DNS setting > select Enter manually and then enter the DNS address, which you can find in your VPN profile page after you activated Smart DNS service.
- Congratulations, smart DNS is configured on your Samsung smart TV.
- Now go to the Home menu of your Samsung Smart TV and select the “Apps” option.
- Search for Disney Plus by entering it the search bar, which is located on the top right corner of the screen, and install the app.
- Once the Disney+ app is installed, launch the app > log-in to your account and enjoy it.
Note: Disney Plus app is available on Samsung Smart TVs from 2016 to all the later models with Tizen OS. So, if you own an older model of Samsung TV, you need to switch to later models to watch Disney+.
Set Up Smart DNS on LG Smart TV and Watch Disney+ from Anywhere
- First, turn on your LG Smart TV and press the “Settings” button to open the Settings menu.
- Now in the Settings menu, select Network > select Wi-Fi > then select the Edit button.
- Now un-check the “Set Automatically” option to manually configure the DNS address.
- After un-check the “Set Automatically” option, now enter the DNS address that you can find in your ExpressVPN account page.
- Once you enter the DNS address, select the “Connect” option and wait for the process until you get the notification, which says “Connected to Internet.”
- Congratulations, smart DNS is conjured successfully on your LG smart TV.
- Press the Disney+ icon with the help of remote to launch the app.
- Now log-in to your Disney Plus account and enjoy on your LG Smart TV.
Note: Disney Plus app is compatible with LG TV models from 2016 and onwards that has 3.0 webOS or later. Additionally, using a VPN does not mean that it will let you watch Disney+ for free on your smart TV. This means you need a Disney Plus subscription first before trying to watch it in an unsupported country. However, if you don’t know how to get Disney+ subscription in an unsupported country, then read my best VPN to watch Disney Plus guide.
What Can I Watch on Disney Plus?
Disney Plus offers tons of movies and TV shows to watch. But if you don’t know where to start, you can follow the mentioned below lists:
Best TV Shows
- The Mandolorian aka Baby Yoda show
- The Simpsons
- Star Wars Clone Wars
- Forky Asks the Question
- That’s So Raven
- Even Stevens
- The World According t0 Jeff Goldblum
- Ultimate Spider-Man
- Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Thor Ragnarok
- Lady and the Tramp
- Iron Man: All Parts
- Guardians of the Galaxy: All Parts
- Mary Poppins
- Lilo & Stitch
Is Disney Plus compatible with Smart TV?
Yes, you can find Disney Plus on all Smart TVs easily.
How do I download Disney Plus on my Samsung Smart TV?
Connect your Samsung Smart TV to the internet. Tap on the Smart Hub button on your remote control. Select Apps and type in Disney Plus on the search bar. Install the app, and you’re good to go.
Why is Disney Plus not showing up on my Smart TV?
Check whether your device is compatible with Disney Plus or not. If it is, then check your internet connection or an app update. Also, restart your device.
How do I get Disney plus on my smart TV?
Connect your Smart TV to the internet and on the Play Store, look for Disney+. Download and install the app. Return to your home screen to find the app icon. Launch it and sign in.
What smart TVs support Disney plus?
- Android TV Devices such as Sharp AQUOS and Sony Bravia.
- LG WebOS Smart TVs from 2016 or later with WebOS 3.0.
- Roku TV, including Hisense, Hitachi, JVC, Philips, Sanyo, and Sharp models. …
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs (Disney+ doesn’t support Samsung TVs using the Orsay OS)
How can I watch Disney plus on my TV?
Using a Chromecast device, if you don’t own a Smart TV or Android TV.