How to Watch Disney Plus on Apple TV with a VPN [Updated July 2020]
Looking for a way to watch Disney+ on Apple TV from anywhere abroad? If yes, then this blog is for you.
In this blog, I will tell you how you can access Disney Plus on Apple TV from anywhere via a VPN. So without any further delay, let’s get started:
However, as of now, the service is only available in few countries, including America, UK, Canada, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Spain, France, Austria, Puerto Rico, Denmark, Ireland, India, and Switzerland.
This means if you are living outside these countries, you can’t access the Disney Plus on your Apple TV because of content geo-restrictions.
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your country.”
But thanks to the VPN service. With the help of a VPN, you can watch your favorite Disney+ content on your Apple TV from anywhere. Here is how you can do it:
Easy Steps: How to Watch Disney Plus on Apple TV from Anywhere via VPN
Activate Smart DNS via VPN
Like other streaming devices, Apple TV does not offer a built-in VPN. However, you can set up Smart DNS on your Apple TV via VPN. To do so, follow these steps to watch Disney Plus on Apple TV from Anywhere:
- Download and subscribe to a VPN on your Windows or macOS device (Surfshark is the best working Disney Plus VPN in 2020).
- Now head to https://account.surfshark.com/login and click on the “Smart DNS” option.
- At the bottom of the page, you will find a Smart DNS “Activate” button.
- Verify your IP address. Make sure that you are disconnected from VPN or proxy servers and that it is indeed the IP address of your Network. If the address is correct, select Activate.
- It will take some time to activate. After 2 minutes, if nothing happens, I suggest you refresh the page.
- Once the activation process is complete, you will get the email that the Smart DNS has been activated on that IP address (Make sure to choose USA as your location).
- Now its time to set up the DNS addresses that you get in an email on your Apple TV device.
Set Up Smart DNS on Apple TV and Watch Disney Plus from Anywhere
- First, launch your Apple TV device and go to Settings.
- Now choose “Network” option > Wi-Fi > select Network that you are connected to.
- Now select “Configure DNS” option > Manual > and then enter the DNS address that you will find in your Surfshark account from where you activated the Smart DNS.
- Congratulations, you successfully set up Smart DNS on your Apple TV.
- Now head to “App Store” > Search for Disney Plus app and install it.
- Once the Disney Plus app is installed, open the app and log-in to your account.
- Now select your favorite TV show or movie and enjoy it without any hassle.
Note: Using a VPN service will not let you watch Disney Plus for free on your Apple TV device. VPN only allows you to access the service in a country where Disney+ is not available yet. So, if you don’t know how to get the subscription, then read my Disney Plus VPN guide.
What Can I Watch on Disney Plus?
Disney Plus offers tons of movies and TV shows to watch. But if you don’t know where to start, you can follow the mentioned below lists:
Best TV Shows
- The Mandolorian aka Baby Yoda show
- The Simpsons
- Star Wars Clone Wars
- Forky Asks the Question
- That’s So Raven
- Even Stevens
- The World According t0 Jeff Goldblum
- Ultimate Spider-Man
- Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Thor Ragnarok
- Lady and the Tramp
- Iron Man: All Parts
- Guardians of the Galaxy: All Parts
- Mary Poppins
- Lilo & Stitch
Will Disney plus be available on Apple TV?
Yes, Disney Plus is available on major streaming devices, including Apple TV, Roku, Firestick, Smart TV, Xbox, PlayStation, iOS, and Android.
How do I add Disney plus to Apple TV?
You can add Disney Plus to Apple TV by downloading its official app via App Store.
Will old Apple TV have Disney plus?
No. Disney Plus is only available on Apple TV (4rth Gen) and Apple TV 4K with 11.0 or later OS. Unfortunately, if you have an older version of Apple TV models such as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen, then you can’t get the Disney Plus app.