Don’t know how to stream your favorite content of Disney Plus on PS4? This blog is for you! We have shared 5 quick steps to watch Disney Plus on PS4 from anywhere in this guide.
Disney+ is available in a few countries of the American region, Europe, Asia, Africa, the Far East, and Oceania. So, for example, watching Disney Plus in Mexico (American region), or streaming Disney+ in Denmark (European region), or watching Disney Plus in Thailand (Asian region), or streaming Black Widow on Disney+ Australia won’t be an issue as the streaming service has been launched officially.
This is why, when you try to access Disney+ on your PS4 other than the above-mentioned countries, the following geo-restriction error will appear on your screen:
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your country.”
But, coming back to can I watch Disney Plus on PS4? The answer is yes! You can still access Disney+ on PS4 in an unsupported country with the help of the best Disney Plus VPN.
Learn more by jumping to “How to watch Disney Plus on PS4 in unsupported countries.”
How to Watch Disney Plus on PS4 in Unsupported Countries?
Streaming Disney+ in a geo-restricted country is possible only with the help of a reliable VPN service. You will be required to set up Smart DNS that can be done by following the steps below:
Set Up Smart DNS
- First, subscribe to a VPN (As of now, ExpressVPN is the best Disney Plus VPN).
- Now head to the ExpressVPN DNS setting page and log in with your account credentials.
- Register your IP address on the page visible, also enable Automatic registration of IP address.
- Now, go to the ExpressVPN setup page and locate the MediaStreamer DNS IP address.
- You now have a new DNS IP address, now it’s time to configure it to your PS4 device.
Set Up Smart DNS on PS4 and Watch Disney Plus from Anywhere
- Launch PS4 and go to the “Settings” tab.
- Select “Network” and then select “Set Up Internet Connection.“
- Now select “LAN” or “Wi-Fi” based on what type of internet connection you are using.
- Now select the “Custom” option and then select “Automatic” for “IP address Settings.“
- Select the “Do not Specify” option and then select the “Manual” option.
- Now select “Primary DNS.” Here you need to enter the “Smart DNS” address. You can find this address in your profile by signing in to your VPN account via its official website. Note: Make sure that you select the US as a country while setting up.
- Now enter the address and select the “Done” option.
- From here, select “Next” (You don’t need to change secondary DNS).
- Now select the “Automatic” option, then select the “Do Not Use” option.
- Now select “Test Internet Connection.”
- Congratulations, smart DNS is now set up on PS4.
- Open the Disney+ app and sign in to your account.
- Now select your favorite content and enjoy it without any hassle.
How VPN’s Smart DNS Allows You to Watch Disney Plus on PS4 from Anywhere?
A VPN’s Smart DNS hides the IP address that helps you stream Disney Plus on PS4 in a geo-restricted country. To elaborate on this further, Disney+ uses an IP tracking system to block all the users who try to access the content from an unsupported country.
In other words, the internet service you are using contains your local IP address and can be blocked if you reside in a geo-restricted region.
A VPN will conceal your local IP address and replace it with the one where the service is available such as the USA. Hence, a VPN tricks the IP tracking system of Disney+ that you are residing somewhere in the USA and thus allows you to access Disney Plus PS4.
How Much is Disney Plus on PS4?
You can download the Disney Plus app on PS4 for free. However, just downloading will not allow you to stream Disney+ content. You must subscribe to Disney Plus on PS4 to watch your favorite movies or TV shows.
A monthly Disney+ subscription costs $7.99 a month, and an annual subscription costs $79.99 a year from the official Disney Plus website.
What Can I Watch on Disney+ on PS4?
Here is the list of top movies and TV shows that you can enjoy on Disney Plus Playstation 4:
Best TV Shows
- Just Beyond (October 2021 release)
- Turner & Hooch (July 2021 release)
- Falcon and the Winter Soldier
- High School Musical
- The Simpsons
- The Mandalorian
- That’s so Raven
- Marvel Runaways
- Black Widow (Premiered July 2021)
- Thor Ragnarok
- Lady and the Tramp
- Jungle Cruise
- Raya and the Last Dragon
Can I Watch Disney Plus on PS5?
Yes, you can watch Disney+ on PS5 without any hassle! Installing Disney Plus on your PS5 is as easy as downloading it on PS4. Just follow these steps:
- Go to your Playstation store and press the “X” button.
- Navigate to “Search” and type in “Disney+.”
- Highlight/Select the Disney+ App and press “X” again.
- Once the channel appears, press “X” to start the download.
- Log in with your credentials and enjoy!
What PlayStation Models are Compatible with Disney Plus?
Disney+ is compatible with the following PlayStation models:
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 4 Pro
- PlayStation 4 Slim
- PlayStation 5
What Other Devices Support Disney+ Besides PS4?
Apart from PS4, the following devices support Disney+:
- Roku (Learn more: how to watch Disney Plus on Roku)
- Xbox (Learn more: how to watch Disney Plus on Xbox)
- Chromecast (Learn more: how to watch Disney Plus on Chromecast)
- Smart TVs (Samsung, Sony,Vizio, TCL & LG)
- Amazon Fire TV & Fire TV stick
- iPhones, Apple TVs & iPads
- Web browsers of laptops, desktops, and Mac
What Other Streaming Services are Supported by PS4?
Gone are those days when gaming consoles like PS4 were considered only for video games. Now you can use your PS4 for streaming a number of your favorite shows or movies with different services available; some of those streaming services are mentioned below:
Is Disney plus available on PS4?
How do I fix Disney plus on PS4?
- Check your internet connection.
- Check for recent app updates.
- Reinstall the Disney Plus app.
- Reinstall the Disney Plus app.
- Restart your device.
How do I cancel Disney+ on PS4?
- Login to your Disney+ profile in the app.
- Navigate to “Accounts” under your profile icon.
- Choose your “Active Subscription Plan.”
- Press “Cancel Subscription,” and another pop-up will appear.
- Press “Complete Cancellation,” and it’s done!
Is the Disney+ app free on PS4?
Can I watch Disney Plus in 4K on PS4?
You can watch Disney Plus on PS4 by following the 5 quick steps that we mentioned. However, if you reside in a country where Disney+ is geo-restricted, you can stream Disney Plus with a trusted VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN because it offers buffer-free fast streaming.