Have a Roku device but are not sure how to watch Disney Plus on Roku? Fret not because we are here! Let’s quickly get you to watch Disney+ on Roku in 6 easy steps in 2022.
Fortunate are the ones who are in countries where Disney Plus is officially available as they have access to the streaming service.
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your country.”
The way around it is to use the best Disney Plus VPN.
From streaming your Pixar classics or Star Wars Channel of Disney Plus in Germany on Xbox to browsing local content on Disney Plus Malaysia to watching the latest TV shows of Disney+ Australia on Apple TV or even Disney+ in Mexico, consider yourself lucky as the above steps are applicable only in the countries where Disney Plus service has launched officially.
In the countries where Disney+ is not supported (as of now), you will need a trusted VPN to watch Roku Disney Plus. As the stars would have it, there are no built-in VPNs in the Roku devices. Hence, setting up a VPN on your router or setting up a Smart DNS connection is imperative.
Roku Devices That Support Disney Plus
Following are the Roku devices that do not support the Disney Plus service:
|Disney Plus Compatible Devices on Roku|
|Roku 1, 2, 3 and 4 Models||Roku Express||Roku Express+||Roku Express 4K|
|4K Roku Premiere||4K Roku Premiere+||4K Roku Ultra||4K Roku Ultra LT|
|4K Roku Streaming Stick+||4K Roku Smart Speaker||Roku TV||Roku Streaming Stick|
|Roku LT 2700X|
It is worth noting that even though you may download the Disney+ app, you will not be able to access the streaming service.
Roku Devices That Do Not Support Disney Plus
Most Roku devices, Roku TV models, and Roku devices support all channels of the Disney Plus streaming service, but if you have any of the following, including the Roku HD model, Roku 2 XS model, Roku 2 HD models, Roku LT, and streaming stick, you’re in for some bad news!
- Roku LT model (2400X & 2450X)
- Roku HD model 2500X
- Roku 2 XS model 3100X
- Roku 2 HD models (3000X & 3050X)
- Roku Streaming Stick models (3400X & 3420X)
Best Roku TV Brands Compatible With Disney+
Although Disney Plus streaming service is compatible with a wide variety of devices like Apple TV, Smart TV, and Roku TVs, if you want to find out a particular Roku TV model’s compatibility, then here is the list below:
|Roku TV Models that Support Disney Plus|
Disney Plus Features on Roku Devices
Though there are extensive features of Disney Plus on Roku, the ones worth mentioning for the latest Roku models and streaming stick are:
- Four simultaneous streams
- Numerous avatars
- 4K streams
- Up to 7 profiles
- Parental controls
- Accessibility options
Besides that, the latest version of 4K Roku Ultra comes with remote control with personalized shortcuts to help you get to your desired content quicker.
How Much Does Disney Plus Cost on Roku?
The cost of a Disney+ subscription is $7.99/mo or $79.99/year. Although Disney Plus is available for free on Roku, you need an active Disney Plus subscription for streaming all the popular shows and movies on any of its channels.
For people who wish to stream advertisement-free content of Disney Plus on Hulu and don’t want to miss their daily dose of sports, then we suggest you purchase a Disney Plus bundle offer with ESPN+ and Hulu for only $13.99/mo.
The prices remain the same on Xbox, PS4, and other devices.
What Can I Watch on Disney Plus on My Roku Device?
Now that you have installed the Disney+ app on your Roku device, do you know what channel to watch on the streaming service? Here is the list of top movies and TV shows that you can enjoy on any channel of Disney Plus Roku:
Best TV Shows
- Iron Fist
- The Kardashians
- Moon Knight
- Pam & Tommy
- What If..?
- The Mandolorian
- Falcon and the Winter Soldier
- That’s So Raven
- The Simpsons
- Turning Red
- The King’s Man
- West Side Story
- Free Guy
- Shang Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings
- The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild
- Jungle Cruise
- Death on the Nile
- Raya and the Last Dragon
- Cheaper by the Dozen
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
How to Cancel Disney Plus on Roku?
There are two ways to cancel a Disney+ subscription on Roku devices:
Cancel Disney Plus From Roku Device in 4 Quick Steps
- From the “Home screen,” by pressing the home button and navigating to the Disney+.
- Press the Star/Asterisk button from your Roku remote, and there will be a popup.
- Click on “Manage Subscription,” and it will lead you to a popup that has two options: “Cancel Subscription” and “Leave Unchanged, Exit.”
- Click on “Cancel Subscription”.
Cancel Disney Plus From Roku Website
- Open your web browser and launch the Roku website.
- Click on “Sign in,” located on the top right side of the browser. Then, if your browser keeps you logged in, go to “My Account” from the drop-down menu of the avatar located on the top right side of your browser.
- As soon as you press “Manage Subscriptions,” it will show you the list of channels you have subscribed to.
- Locate Disney+ and click “Unsubscribe”.
Another way to cancel your subscription is to log on to your Disney+ account on the official Disney Plus website, navigate to the “Billing Details” option, and hit “Cancel Subscription.”
Note: If you want to learn how to cancel Disney Plus on other Android and iOS devices, read our blog on “How to cancel Disney+ subscription in easy steps.”
How to Turn Disney Plus Roku Subtitles On or Off?
The subtitles may be necessary to stream for some, while others may want to turn it off. You can watch Disney Plus’s any channel with or without subtitles. If you’re going to either turn on or turn off the subtitles, follow these steps:
- Open the Disney+ app and select the TV show or movie you wish to switch on the subtitles for.
- Once the content opens, press Star/Asterisk from your Roku TV remote.
- A menu will pop up, and navigate to “Closed Captioning/Subtitles.”
- By pressing the right arrow on your Roku remote, you can either switch these on or off.
Even after turning the subtitles off, there have been instances where they keep on popping back up. We suggest you try restarting your device or checking and installing software updates, if any.
What Other Streaming Services are Available on Roku?
Following is the list of other streaming services that can be accessed on Roku besides Disney Plus:
- Amazon Prime Video
- Apple TV Plus
- HBO Max
- BBC iPlayer
- Now TV
Can I Watch Disney+ in 4K on my Roku Device?
Yes, you can watch Disney Plus in 4K on the following Roku devices:
- Roku 4
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Premiere
- Roku Premiere+
Is my Roku too old for Disney Plus?
How do I get Disney Plus on my Roku?
Is Disney Plus available on Roku?
Why isn't Disney Plus working on my Roku?
How do I get the Disney Plus bundle on Roku?
– First method is that you can subscribe to the Disney Bundle offer on Hulu’s official website.
– Or, you can directly purchase from the subscription from the Disney+ website.
– You can also subscribe to Disney Plus through the ESPN+ website itself.
Once you are done with the purchase, use those credentials to sign in on your Roku.
Why does Disney Plus keep buffering on Roku?
You should contact your ISP if the issue persists.
Can I watch Disney Plus on Roku for free?
Watching Disney Plus on Roku is relatively simple as long as your device is compatible. While latest Roku streaming stick models like Roku Express, 4K Roku Ultra, LT 2700X Roku, 4K Roku Premiere, 4K Roku Streaming Stick+ and 4K Roku Smart Speaker support Disney Plus, but, some older models like XS model 3100X Roku, streaming stick models 3400X, Roku LT model 2400X, 2450X Roku, 3050X Roku and Roku HD model 2500X don’t support Disney Plus.
However, suppose you reside in a country where Disney+ officially is not launched. In that case, a trusted VPN like ExpressVPN can sort it out because it offers streaming without buffering, thanks to its multiple server locations.