How to Watch Disney Plus on Roku Device [Updated]
Don’t know how to watch Disney+ on Roku in a country where the service is not available yet? If yes then all you need to set up a VPN on your Roku device by following this guide.
But here is the bummer! Disney Plus is only available in few countries including the USA, Canada, Australia, Netherlands, New Zealand, UK, Austria, Italy, Spain, France, Switzerland, India, Ireland, and Puerto Rico.
This is why when you try to watch Disney Plus in a country where it is not launched yet such as Malaysia, South Africa, Singapore, Brazil, Philippines, Germany, Demark, Mexico, or anywhere, it won’t allow you to access the service because of content geo-restrictions:
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your country.”
This is where Disney Plus VPN comes to rescue. By setting up a VPN on your Roku device, you can watch your favorite TV shows and movies on Disney+ from anywhere globally. Here is how you can do this:
Quick Steps: How to Watch Disney Plus on Roku from Anywhere via VPN
Unfortunately, Roku device does not offer a built-in VPN app. This is why first you need to set up a VPN on your router or set up a Smart DNS connection.
For Roku user, I highly recommend ExpressVPN to watch Disney+ in unsupported countries. Follow these steps to watch Disney Plus on Roku from anywhere via VPN:
Set Up US Roku Account
You can skip this step if you already have a US Roku account.
- First, download and subscribe to ExpressVPN on your Windows device.
- Now open the ExpressVPN app and sign-in with your account username and password.
- Connect to the USA server from the list.
- Now head to https://owner.roku.com to create a US account.
- The Select United States as your country then type US Zipcode such as 90210, 10005, 92803.
- Congratulations you created your US Roku account successfully.
Set Up Virtual Router on Your Windows
- First, click on the Windows Logo > Settings > Network & Internet and then turn on the Mobile hotspot option (Make sure during setting up a virtual router, you are not connected with the VPN server).
- Now below “Share my internet connection” set Wi-Fi.
- Here you need to create new network and password. To do so click on the “Edit” option.
- Now below “Related Settings”, click “Change adapter options”.
- Now in the “Network Connections” screen, copy the name of the connection that you created a few seconds before.
- Hover cursor on “ExpressVPN Tap Adapter” > press right-click and then select the “Properties” option.
- Now in properties, click on the “Sharing” tab and box for Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.
- Now in the dropdown menu, select the name of the internet connection that you created and click “OK”.
- Open ExpressVPN app and connect to USA server (ExpressVPN recommended servers: New Jersey-1, Washington DC & New York).
- Now its time to connect your Roku device to your new US-server based virtual router.
Connect Roku to Virtual Router & Watch Disney+ from Anywhere
- Launch your Roku device and head to “Settings” and then “Network”.
- From there now select the “Wireless (Wi-Fi)” option.
- Now in the “Choose your Network”, select the VPN-enabled virtual router that you set up earlier and connect to it by typing the password and wait for the process.
- Head to Roku’s home screen and select “Streaming Channels” located on the left side of the screen.
- Now search for “Disney Plus” and download it by selecting the “Add Channel” option.
- Open Disney+ app and log-in to your account.
- Select your favorite Disney+ content and enjoy on your Roku device in an unsupported country.
Note: Keep this thing in mind that using a VPN does not mean that you can watch Disney+ free on your Roku device. A VPN service only allows you to access Disney Plus service in an unsupported country by changing your IP address with one where it is available such USA. However, if you don’t know how to get Disney+ subscription in an unsupported country, you can find it in my ultimate best VPN to watch Disney Plus guide.
What Can I Watch on Disney Plus on My Roku Device?
Here is the list of top movies and TV shows that you can enjoy on Disney+:
Best TV Shows
- The Mandolorian aka Baby Yoda show
- The Simpsons
- Star Wars Clone Wars
- Forky Asks the Question
- That’s So Raven
- Even Stevens
- The World According t0 Jeff Goldblum
- Ultimate Spider-Man
- Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Thor Ragnarok
- Lady and the Tramp
- Iron Man: All Parts
- Guardians of the Galaxy: All Parts
- Mary Poppins
- Lilo & Stitch
Can you get Disney Plus on Roku?
Yes, you can Disney Plus Roku by adding its official app via Roku Store. However, if you are residing in a country where Disney+ is not available yet, then you need ExpressVPN to watch on your Roku device.
How do I Download Disney Plus on Roku?
You can download Disney Plus on Roku via its official channel store. However, you need a VPN to access the service on Roku if you are living in a country where Disney+ is not available yet.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?