How to Watch Disney Plus on Xbox [September Update]
Wondering how to watch Disney Plus on Xbox from anywhere around the world? If yes then this blog is for you.
In this guide, you can get all the steps to access Disney+ on your Xbox from anywhere abroad with the help of a VPN. So without any further delay, let’s dive in:
But unfortunately, as of now, this streaming service is available only in few countries, including the USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Netherlands, Austria, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, India, and Puerto Rico.
This means when you try to stream Disney+ outside the mentioned above countries, the following geo-restriction error will appear on your screen:
But don’t worry, you can still stream Disney Plus on your Xbox via using a VPN. Here is how you can do it:
Quick Guide: How to Watch Disney Plus on Xbox from Anywhere via VPN
Sadly, Xbox does not offer a built-in VPN app to use. This is why first you need to smart DNS via VPN. Then set up on Xbox to stream Disney+ from anywhere around the world.
Follow these steps to watch Disney Plus on Xbox from anywhere via VPN:
Activate Smart DNS via VPN
- Download and subscribe to a VPN on your Windows or macOS device (Surfshark is the best working Disney Plus VPN in 2020).
- Now head to https://account.surfshark.com/login and click on the “Smart DNS” option.
- At the bottom of the page, you will find a Smart DNS “Activate” button.
- Verify your IP address. Make sure that you are disconnected from VPN or proxy servers and that it is indeed the IP address of your network. If the address is correct, select Activate.
- It will take some time to activate. After 2 minutes, if nothing happens, I suggest you refresh the page.
- Once the activation process is complete, you will get the email that the Smart DNS has been activated on that IP address.
- Now its time to set up the DNS addresses that you get in an email on your Xbox.
Setup Smart DNS on Xbox and Watch Disney+
- Launch Xbox and head to “Settings.”
- In the “Settings” menu, select “Network” and then “Network settings.”
- Now select “Advanced settings” > click “DNS settings” > then select “Manual” to configure the DNS addresses.
- Now you will have to fill in the IP addresses of DNS servers that you can see on your profile page after activating smart DNS.
- Enter both primary and secondary IP addresses.
- Once you enter the IP addresses, you will see the entered DNS addresses active.
- Now set your location to the US. To do so, go to “Settings” > “Systems” > then “Language & location” and change it to the USA.
- Now select the “Restart now” option in “Language & location” settings and wait for the process.
- Now search for Disney+ app on Xbox’s app store and download it.
- Run Disney Plus app > log-in to your account and enjoy it.
Note: VPN does not let you watch Disney Plus on Xbox free if you don’t have its subscription. VPN allows you to access Disney+ content on your Xbox in an unsupported location. However, if you don’t have Disney+ subscription, read my ultimate Disney Plus VPN guide.
How VPN’s Smart DNS Allows You to Watch Disney Plus on Xbox in Unsupported Country?
Simply put, the internet service you are using contains your local IP address. And since streaming services like Disney+ need to follow the content distribution policies, it uses an IP tracking system.
With this IP tracking system, when a user tries to access their service from a country where the service is not available, it immediately blocks the user by tracking the local IP address.
This is where a VPN comes to rescue. By using a VPN’s Smart DNS feature, you can spoof your local IP address and replace it with the US IP address. In this way, when you try to access the Disney+ on Xbox in the unsupported country via VPN, it tricks the IP tracking system that you are residing somewhere in the USA and thus allows you to access the service.
What Can I Watch on Disney Plus?
Disney Plus offers tons of movies and TV shows to watch. But if you don’t know where to start, you can follow the mentioned below lists:
Best TV Shows
- The Mandolorian aka Baby Yoda show
- The Simpsons
- Star Wars Clone Wars
- Forky Asks the Question
- That’s So Raven
- Even Stevens
- The World According t0 Jeff Goldblum
- Ultimate Spider-Man
- Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Thor Ragnarok
- Lady and the Tramp
- Iron Man: All Parts
- Guardians of the Galaxy: All Parts
- Mary Poppins
- Lilo & Stitch
Does Disney Plus Work on Xbox One?
Yes, Disney Plus works on Xbox One and later models including Xbox One S and Xbox One X.
Is there a Disney Plus app for Xbox?
Yes. Disney Plus offers its official app for all major devices including Xbox. You can download the app via Xbox’s official store.
How do I get Disney+ on my Xbox one?
You can Disney+ on your Xbox One by downloading its official app via app store.
Why can’t I watch Disney plus on my Xbox one?
You can’t watch Disney Plus on your Xbox One if you are residing in a country where service is not available yet. However, you can still watch Disney+ on your Xbox from anywhere via Surfshark VPN.
Can I watch Disney plus on my Xbox 360?
No. You can’t watch Disney Plus on your Xbox 360 as its official app is only available on Xbox One and later models.
Is Disney plus free with Xbox Live?
No. Disney+ does not come free with Xbox Live. To watch Disney Plus on your Xbox, you need to subscribe for its monthly or annual plan first.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?