Have you ever come across error code 401 when using Disney Plus? You’re not alone.
Lately, many Disney+ subscribers have complained of the same issue. We understand how annoying this can be, especially when you’re in the middle of your comedy or documentary.
No one wants their bingeing time wasted. Given the fact that there are many ways to solve the error issue, trying to fix it without correct information makes matters worse. You have to first understand what it is and why it happens, before taking any step further.
In this article, we have all that you need to know. Also, we have stipulated ways in which you can fix Disney Plus error code 401 right below.
Easy Steps to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 401 Quickly [Updated]
If you’re wondering how to fix error code 401 Disney Plus, there are six guaranteed ways to do this. They include:
- How to fix Disney Plus & Roku servers issue
- How to fix device compatibility issues
- How to fix internet connectivity issues
- How to fix device cache issues
- How to fix Roku device issues
- How to fix Disney Plus app issues
We’ve also highlighted other Disney Plus error codes you may face while browsing and streaming Disney Plus.
What is Error 401 on Disney Plus?
Error Code 401 on Disney Plus restricts its subscribers from using its services, or rather, it’s an interruption that take place in the middle of your streaming. Once you receive such an error, this indicates that your user request has not been granted and you can no longer continue using Disney Plus.
Generally, there is no definite answer to the meaning of the error since the company itself has not declared any official statement on the same.
However, some users argue that the issue could result from the overloading of the channel. When too many viewers get to streaming, this causes overload that gets servers down.
Hopefully now you know what is error 401 on Disney Plus all about!
What Causes Disney+ Error Code 401?
Disney+ Error Code 401 is caused by multiple reasons but the most prominent one is the server issue.
Disney plus unexpected error 401 occurs when you’re busy watching your hearty content. As a subscriber, it becomes hard to determine the cause of such an error. However, now that we’ve informed you its related to server issues, you can go about your way troubleshooting the problem.
A good number of Disney subscribers in the US have constantly complained of the error, especially when in the middle of any of the Marvel shows. It’s very frustrating!
1. Problems with Disney Plus & Roku Servers & How to Fix it?
One common occurrence of Disney Plus Error Code 401 is for Roku users. A good number of Roku users complain about being unable to access Disney Plus despite them being avid Disney Plus customers. The users also face Error Code 14 which cause by entering the wrong login details to the Disney+ account.
If you were streaming a movie on your Roku TV and suddenly, your screen went black and an error window popped up, this is all about Disney plus status 401 reasons unexpected error. Here is what to do next time this happens.
- Restart your device. Restarting is one of the first fixes known to curb error codes. Besides, it helps your Roku device speed up its performance.
- Check whether your Roku device is compatible with Disney Plus.
- Check your web and internet connection.
- Watch another movie or show. It’s likely to have some content titles display Disney Plus error code 401. If this happens, try watching another show or movie to see if the issue persists.
- Log out and then log in to your Disney Plus account. It could be that there are bugs hindering the proper functioning of the app. Do the same for your Roku device and then check whether the issue persists.
- Update your Disney Plus app and your Roku device.
- If you try the above solutions and Roku Disney Plus error 401 persists, contact Disney Plus Help Center.
2. Problems with Device Compatibility & How to Fix it?
Even with the fact that newer devices are getting into the market, some users still get issues with device compatibility with the apps in use.
For instance, Disney Plus may not be compatible with the device you are using to stream the app. When this happens, one receives a Disney Plus error code 401 message when trying to install the device or stream on the app.
Not all Roku devices support Disney Plus. Most of the Roku TV models support the streaming app. But others such as Roku 2 HD models, and Roku 2 XS models are not compatible. In such a case, you can consider getting a supported device.
3. Internet Connection Issues and How to Fix it?
If your internet is down, it is more likely you will receive an error message. Weak internet is a major culprit when it comes to Disney Plus not working.
You can confirm whether you have the required speed which should be no less than 5Mbps by use of a speed test. If the speed is okay, try the below methods.
4. Device Cache Issues and How to Fix them?
Disney Plus error Code 401, could be a result of a corrupt cache. The only best solution would be to clean up the app. The process depends on the device you’re using. To clear cache on Disney Plus, here is what you need to do:
5. Problem with your Roku Device and How to Fix it?
There are several issues that could render a Roku error 401 when you’re using your Disney app. It’s not uncommon to have a Roku device or their Remotes stop working. And if you use any of the Roku devices to stream on Disney Plus, you have likely encountered such issues.
If you’re facing Roku Disney Plus error 401 try the below methods to fix the issues.
6. Problem with your Disney Plus App and How to Fix it?
Your Disney Plus app may stop working due to several reasons. One specific error that occurs is Disney Plus error code 401 which suggests that your Disney Plus app has issues. But these can be solved with the below methods.
Other Disney Plus Error Codes
Other than Disney Plus error code 401, several other errors can ruin your streaming, especially if you’re not aware of such errors and what causes them.
Below are some Disney Plus error codes that have been experienced by users.
- Disney Plus Error Code 24: Caused by login or connectivity issues.
- Disney Plus Error Code 41: The content you’re trying to access is not within reach through Disney Plus servers
- Disney Plus Error Code 42: Occurs due to a weak internet connection.
- Disney Plus Error Code 39: Caused by support issues, either because the data is corrupted.
- Disney Plus Error Code 73: Disney Plus is unavailable in your region.
- Disney Plus Error Code 83: You’re using an incompatible device or browser.
- Disney Plus Error Code 142: When servers are unavailable due to a glitch or are under maintenance.
How to fix Disney Plus Error Code 6?
“Sorry, we are having trouble creating your account”, means you entered the wrong information.
You may have given an invalid email address with a weak password. Fixing the error is pretty easy as you only need to follow Disney plus account creation instructions. Here is how to fix the issues:
Check whether you have typed your email address correctly.
Input a password that has at least 6 characters with a combination of numbers or a special symbol.
If you still have issues, contact Disney Plus Help Center.
How to fix Disney Plus error code 30?
Check whether you have reached the limit of 10 devices. If so, you can log into Disney Plus using another device.
Try to link your device again.
Once linked, log in to your Disney account to see if your device has been added.
How to fix Disney Plus Error Code 36?
After some time, try to watch the content that failed to load.
Switch off your device and see if the problem persists.
Try using a VPN, and connect to another country to see if the content is available there.
Disney Plus is a common streaming app used by most people who want a seamless streaming experience. However, this doesn’t mean that there are no issues that make users experience unexpected hitches while watching their content.
One common error that happened to many users on the Disney Plus app is the Disney Plus Error Code 401. Fortunately, there is a way to fix this, and other errors that may arise. And one can again enjoy streaming their favourite content.