Surfshark is amongst the list of the best Disney Plus VPN. With 3200+ servers in 65 locations, it provides an exceptional HD streaming experience for only $2.30/mo(Save 83% & get 2 months FREE on 24 month subscription), making it one of the most affordable VPNs.
We tested 10 US servers to access Disney Plus US version, they all worked just fine!
Let us look at various attributes of Surfshark, including its speed, security, and the best servers for Disney Plus.
How to Watch Disney+ with Surfshark from Anywhere?
You can watch Disney Plus with Surshark from anywhere by connecting to a server where Disney+ is available. Failure to do so will result in Disney Plus error code 73. It implies that if you try to access Disney Plus in South Africa, which is a geo-restricted country, the following error message will appear on your screen:
So, all you need to do is follow the easy steps mentioned below, and you can stream your favorite movies or TV show without a hassle:
- Foremost, subscribe to the Surfshark subscription package.
- Download and install the Surfshark app on your device (iOS or Android.)
- Launch the Surfshark app and sign in.
- Choose a server that supports Disney Plus (We always recommend US servers preferably Atlanta.)
- Once the connection is established, sign in to the Disney+ website in incognito more or app.
- You can now watch the latest episode of Hawkeye.
Note: You will only stream Disney+ if you have a valid subscription. If you are unaware of getting a Disney+ subscription with Surfshark in an unsupported country, continue to read on.
How to Get Disney+ Subscription with Surfshark from Geo-Restricted Countries?
If you live in a country where Disney+ has launched already, subscribing to it is incredibly straightforward.
However, if you reside in a geo-restricted country, the process is different.
Follow the steps mentioned for iOS and Android devices to get your Disney+ subscription with Surfshark.
How to Get a Disney+ Subscription on iOS with Surfshark?
- The first thing you need to do is sign out of your present Apple ID and create a new account.
- Then you need to get an App Store gift card from Amazon.
- Once you have purchased the gift card, sign in with your new Apple ID and redeem it.
- Now launch Surfshark and connect to a US server.
- As soon as the VPN is connected, you are ready to stream Disney Plus.
How to Get a Disney+ Subscription on Android Device with Surfshark?
- If you have a current Google Play Store account, you will need to sign out and create a new ID.
- The next step is to get yourself a virtual Google Play gift card from Amazon.
- Then you will need to redeem it through your email.
- Once the gift card is redeemed, add your new account to your Google Play Store.
- Sign in to the Surfshark app or the browser extension and connect via the US server.
- Launch your Disney+ app or website and start streaming.
Note: We always advise checking your device compatibility before purchasing the gift card or the subscription itself.
How to Change Disney+ Region with Surfshark?
The process of changing the Disney+ region with Surshark is easy. If you wonder why anyone wants to change the Disney Plus region, let us explain. For instance, you have a Disney Plus NZ subscription, and you are traveling to Singapore, and you want to access the New Zealand content library instead of streaming Disney+ Singapore. It can be achieved by following the three short steps below:
- Launch Surfshark app and log in.
- Look for the NZ server from the server location list and connect it.
- Sign in to your Disney+ app, and you can now view NZ content in Singapore.
What to Do If Disney Plus is not Working with Surfshark?
If you are facing issues with Disney Plus is not working with Surfshark, follow the quick fixes below to help you get back to streaming:
- The first quick fix is to shut down your WiFi device for 20 to 30 seconds and restart it.
- Sometimes WiFi devices may be placed at a distance. Try bringing the router closer to your streaming device.
- If bringing the router closer did not help, try to connect an Ethernet cable from your router directly to your device.
- Another aspect that you may check is the Disney+ server’s downtime. The servers could be down due to glitches or maintenance. If that’s the case, all you can do is wait for them to restore.
- Additionally, your streaming device may have firmware updates available that were not installed. Check for the available updates and install them.
- Similarly, the Surfshark app may have updates that are pending installation. Download and install them too.
- Last but not least, if you are using web browsers, try clearing the cache.
What are the Best Surfshark Servers for Disney Plus?
Following are the best Surfshark servers that we can vouch for after testing them ourselves.
The following Surfshark US servers were spot on with streaming Disney Plus:
- Salt Lake City
- San Francisco
For the UK region, the following Surfshark servers turned out to be fast in unblocking Disney Plus:
Berlin server was pretty quick for the Germany region.
Paris server was the best for the France region.
What are Surfshark Features?
Let us have a look at Surfshark VPN features:
A monthly subscription costs $2.30/mo(Save 83% & get 2 months FREE on 24 month subscription). It is one of the cheapest premium VPN out there.
We could browse Hawkeye in 1080 HD during our testing by connecting via the Detroit server. We did a speed test which gave upload speed at 79.42 Mbps, download speed at 88.48 Mbps, and Ping 125 ms.
Following protocols are used by Surfshark:
Wireguard protocol is known for its fast speed and comparatively uses less data than other protocols, while it has room for improvement when it comes to privacy
The primary focus of OpenVPN protocol is on security and privacy.
Internet Key Exchange version 2 (IKEv2)
The IKEv2 protocol focuses on speed for mobile users.
Surfshark provides excellent security features to its users. Some of those features are:
- It provides military-grade encryption with its AES 256-bit encryption.
- Surfshark servers do not have disks and are regarded as Ram-only servers. It means that as soon as a user switches off Surfshark, all data is cleared off.
- Besides that standard IKEv2, OpenVPN, and WireGuard, Surfshark uses Shadowsocks protocol for people residing in internet-restricted countries like China or UAE.
- It also has a kill switch where your data won’t be leaked out of the VPN tunnel in case of sudden disconnections.
- It also uses camouflage mode to encrypt that you are using a VPN and make your traffic seem normal.
- It has a strict no-logs policy which adds to the security.
Surfshark Browser Extension
Like other VPNs, Surfshark also has a VPN extension for various browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera, and Safari.
The best thing about its browser extension is that it has Pop-up cookie blockers to save you from the hassle of closing those frequent pop-up windows.
Comparison of Surfshark with Other VPN Providers
Let us have a look at where Surfshark stands when compared to other VPN providers.
|Price||$6.67/mo(Get 3 Months FREE with annual subscription!)||$2.30/mo(Save 83% & get 2 months FREE on 24 month subscription)||$3.49/mo(Avail 70% off & win extra time on a 2 year subscription)||$2.75/mo(6 Months FREE with annual subscription!)||$1.99/mo(3 Months FREE with 2-year plan)|
|Number of Servers||3000+||3200+||5500+||6800+||6500+|
|Refund Policy||30 Days||30 Days||30 Days||45 Days||31 Days|
Does Surfshark Offer a Free Trial?
Yes, Surfshark offers a 7-day free trial, but it is limited to only iOS and Android devices. You can use it free for a month thanks to its 30-day money-back guarantee. After that, you can always request a refund.
The good thing about using the money-back guarantee month is that you can use Surfshark on iOS or Android and other devices. Imagine using all the enhanced VPN features on any compatible device free for a month!
Surfshark for Disney Plus FAQs
Can You Watch Disney+ With Surfshark for Free?
Will Surfshark slow my internet connection while streaming Disney Plus?
Can I access Hotstar in the USA with Surfshark?
Can Disney Plus track Surfshark?
It can be concluded that Surfshark works with Disney Plus, and you can easily stream your favorite movies and TV shows in 1080 HD quality with no hassle.
The price point of Surfshark speaks affordability on the pocket, with the subscription prices at only $2.30/mo(Save 83% & get 2 months FREE on 24 month subscription) for unlimited simultaneous connections.
With the affordable price and the option of 3200+ servers in 65 countries, it is worth trying.